Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to install a Borla cat-back system on my '06 DC. Who has installed one recently and where did you purchase it from. "Borla Direct"seems to be the least expensive so far. Please, no comments from those of you who don't like Borla. I had Borla on my '03 and liked it. Thanks in advance.
Pete

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey Pete, I just picked up a Borla dual rear exit from SoCalMotorSports for $670 after shipping. Bought it Friday so it hasn't arrived yet. I doubt I'll do the install myself. I saw the borladirect.com price but I don't trust anyone that doesn't publish their phone number. I got a buddy who has the same system I just bought and it sounds vicious. :D

Good luck and let us know your results!

·
Registered
141 Posts
ajusa.com, good prices and good customer support

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey Pete, I just picked up a Borla dual rear exit from SoCalMotorSports for $670 after shipping. Bought it Friday so it hasn't arrived yet. I doubt I'll do the install myself. I saw the borladirect.com price but I don't trust anyone that doesn't publish their phone number. I got a buddy who has the same system I just bought and it sounds vicious. :D

Good luck and let us know your results!
I thought the same thing about the borladirect site. It didn't include an address or vera sign either. I'll check out the SOCAL and JAUSA sites. As for instalation, its really easy. I believe the only tool needed was a screw driver to loosen the clamp in front of the original muffler. The rest of the instalation uses stock and made for hangers. Install time was about an hour. I think you'll really like the sound. Not too loud. Some drone a 2k, I'm sure you heard that already. Thanks and enjoy the sound!

·
Registered
561 Posts
just a couple metric sockets or two, some lube, and you're ready to install this catback. it's really easy to do. i think the hardest part was just getting the stock exhaust assembly off of those damned rubber hangers...mine were crusted hard, and it took a lot of lube to get those suckers softened up.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Yeah the install is very easy I have installed 2 different systems on my truck and one on a friends it just takes an hour or 2. You just need some type of lube for the rubber hangers and a socket set and thats it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts