Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where's the best place online to buy firestone airbags online I'm looking for the best price on firestone ride rite kit 2445!!

·
Registered
598 Posts
You should buy the package that comes with the compressor. If you don't you'll wish you did. It makes life some much easier to be able to adjust your pressure on the fly. Think about it like this. Say you want to drive to Home Depot to pick up a couple thousand pounds of manure. You would have to pump up your bags and then drive to the store. You would look like a weirdo going down the road with your tail in the air going to the store. If you didn't like that option you could pull out you bicycle pump at the store and look like even more of a weirdo trying to air them up. Than you could get your payload back there and start down the road and realize you need more or less air. Then you could pull over on the side of the road and adjust them. Now doesn't it sound a lot better to just hit a button to adjust them as needed whether you are moving or not?

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
You should buy the package that comes with the compressor. If you don't you'll wish you did. It makes life some much easier to be able to adjust your pressure on the fly. Think about it like this. Say you want to drive to Home Depot to pick up a couple thousand pounds of manure. You would have to pump up your bags and then drive to the store. You would look like a weirdo going down the road with your tail in the air going to the store. If you didn't like that option you could pull out you bicycle pump at the store and look like even more of a weirdo trying to air them up. Than you could get your payload back there and start down the road and realize you need more or less air. Then you could pull over on the side of the road and adjust them. Now doesn't it sound a lot better to just hit a button to adjust them as needed whether you are moving or not?
After reading that I don't see how anyone could NOT buy the compressor. I'd probably drop a few extra dollars and get the high output model as well so you can inflate tires if the situation arises.

·
Registered
598 Posts
I know, but most people just go with the bags and don't get the compressor. They are a little expensive. I got this firestone compressor kit along with the airbags. They cost about 197.00 dollars but are worth every penny spent.

I put the gauge where my coin holder was; fits perfect.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Has anyone here tried the wireless air pump and if so how did that work for you?

Webby

·
Registered
9 Posts
This won't be much help, but I bought mine through the internet by doing a search. Got many results, but found a new kit for around $200. Sorry I couldn't find the company for you, but they were out of California.
I did not get the compressor model, and I have no complaints, what with having a compressor about 15' from the truck in my garage, and all the compressors accross this country.
Guess I'd rather look like a 'fool' (as quoted in this thread) driving empty across town if need be. But I am a fool with an extra $200 in my pocket!:boink:
PS: The kit was extremely easy to install. I installed mine while on crutches and not being able to bear weight on one leg at all. Only took me about 1-1/2 hours in that condition.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Guess I'd rather look like a 'fool' (as quoted in this thread) driving empty across town if need be. But I am a fool with an extra $200 in my pocket!:boink:
:first:

I already carry a 12 volt compressor and tire plug kit. That compressor is more than enough to air up bags.

·
Registered
24 Posts
You could save alot of money by buying a small portable tank and filling it B4 you go get your load then airing it up when you need to. Simplicity has less things to break later. IMO

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I too have a HD Slime portable compressor that I keep behind my seat I plan to put my schrader valves in the fuel door compartment above the fuel cap and just reach my pump to the fuel door and air up my airbags as needed!!!

·
Registered
598 Posts
Ok Ok, I'll recant. You need to get "A" compressor. It is nice to have the "in cab" option though. ;)

·
Registered
598 Posts
CCDAMEEK's Avatar CCDAMEEK;1458886 said:
:first:
When you quote someone, that means exactly what they said. I never said you would be a fool, I said you would look like a weirdo. Big difference in my opinion. :p

1 - 14 of 14 Posts