Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for the source for the OEM style connectors on the chassis, and more specifically the pins that fit them...for example the connectors under the bed that link the taillights to the chassis wiring harness, or the trailer light converter box to the chassis wiring harness, etc.

Any leads would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Sean

·
Premium Member
11,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok, answering my own questions here...got a lead, but it took a phone call to Cequent, manufacturing group for Tow Ready, Reese, and other towing/vehicle accessories (they were very helpful!), followed by a call to Tyco Electronics and a request for the AMP division...the lady at Tyco was also very helpful, but the group I need to talk to is out til Monday. AMP is the most likely lead I have right now for the terminals.

Progress, at least!

The lead I received on the plastic and rubber pieces is American Yazaki...haven't looked in to that lead further, since it's the terminals I need most.

-Sean

·
Premium Member
11,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok, this may be the easier solution. Toyota offers the plastic connectors and pigtails as repair units, separate, and they have a connector catalog at the d-ship (I don't know the part numbers I need), so I'm gonna take a look...maybe I don't need to track down AMP/Tyco part numbers after all.

-S

·
Registered
96 Posts
I was going to suggest Tyco. It's nice that Toyota offers the connectors, but I hate that they're pigtails with the pins already crimped on. I would MUCH prefer to crimp the pins to the wires I've run. I haven't ordered directly from Tyco. Search "Dr. Tweak" on Google, a guy that does a lot of Toyota harness work and engine swaps. He may be able to help you. Also "toyolexnavspec" on eBay has been able to help me out. I'm sure they get their stuff from Tyco- unfortunaltely I believe Tyco has a minimum order.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts