Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2006 DC and would like to move my Prodigy brake controller from my old tow vehicle to the Tundra. I'm not sure where the best place would be to mount the controller.

Where have you folks mounted yours? Are you happy with the location?

Any pictures?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

·
Registered
419 Posts
I've got the same truck as you.

I mounted my Prodigy to the fuse box door, above your left knee when you're sitting in the driver's seat.

I took off the fuse box door...........and I used electrical tape and wrapped it around the black "sleeve" and the fuse box door, about 4 times around. Then I put the fuse box door back on, slid the Prodigy in, connected it to the truck wiring (which is, coincidentally, in the left hand kick panel under the dash), and VOILA!! You're all set to go.

It is easy to see, adjust, and fiddle with when you're towing. I've left it on for 2 or 3 weeks at a time, and haven't had any problems with it moving out of place/pulling the fuse door open/etc etc. I haven't hit my knee on it, either, getting in and out of the truck:)

And best of all, you can remove the entire thing in about 90 seconds and not have to look at it the other 364 days a year that you drive the truck:)

I only tow my large trailer w/ brakes about 5 or 6 times a summer, so this works out great for me.

Ben

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
On the right side of the steering column, under the ignition switch, there is a nice little cubby hole for a brake fcontroller.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I also agree. That's where I mounted mine.

·
Registered
419 Posts
That's where I mounted the one I had on my Sequoia.........

On the new truck, I found the fuse box location was easier, plus it can be "temporary" if you don't tow often.

:)

Ben

·
Registered
318 Posts
Mines in the ashtray... Well what use to be the ashtray :cool:

The Prodigy is just the right size for this spot. I don't have any later photos yet, but later I ended up installing it with the Prodigy's pocket holder and all. I'll see if I can find a better pic later if anyone's interested.;)

Edited:
Here's a better view:

·
Registered
868 Posts
I have mine on the left side, but clear down by the parking brake lever. It's almost in the way of the parking brake. I don't want the thing permanently mangled into my knee-caps if I'm in an accident.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts