Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody had any experience with the black headlights manufactured by Tuned by Matrix (product #09-1224-B).
I saw them on the streetpros.com website.
They seem to be quite pricy ($269.95 + shipping).
I know some members have purchased some black headlights from ebay with mixed results.
I would really like to purchase some black headlights but would like to purchase from an actual company and not the ebay sellers.
Does anyone have any experience with these or other black headlights.
page 13: http://www.tunedbymatrix.com/pdf/07TRUCKTEK-01_13.pdf

·
Premium Member
225 Posts
Anybody had any experience with the black headlights manufactured by Tuned by Matrix (product #09-1224-B).
I saw them on the streetpros.com website.
They seem to be quite pricy ($269.95 + shipping).
I know some members have purchased some black headlights from ebay with mixed results.
I would really like to purchase some black headlights but would like to purchase from an actual company and not the ebay sellers.
Does anyone have any experience with these or other black headlights.
page 13: http://www.tunedbymatrix.com/pdf/07TRUCKTEK-01_13.pdf
tuned by matrix is actually a distributor. they don't sell to the public, you have to be a retailer/supplier. try this company: SPEED UNLIMITED. their phone number is: 301-420-1347 ex: 102 and ask for Norm. also the part number you listed is actually for the 4-runner. there was a misprint in the catalog. the part number you want is: 09-1234-B. i know this because i'm also going to order some. the price for me is $342.89 and that's to my door. yours may be different due to shipping. like i said, the price you have is for the 4-runner. they also stand by their product 100%.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
tuned by matrix is actually a distributor. they don't sell to the public, you have to be a retailer/supplier. try this company: SPEED UNLIMITED. their phone number is: 301-420-1347 ex: 102 and ask for Norm. also the part number you listed is actually for the 4-runner. there was a misprint in the catalog. the part number you want is: 09-1234-B. i know this because i'm also going to order some. the price for me is $342.89 and that's to my door. yours may be different due to shipping. like i said, the price you have is for the 4-runner. they also stand by their product 100%.
Wow! Thanks for the info. Its things like this that make TS.com so worthwhile. I was wondering why the same part number was listed for the 4Runner and the Tundra. They definately have different headlights. That price is a little hard to swallow. Maybe out of my ballpark. I wonder how these compare to the ebay ones.

·
Premium Member
225 Posts
Wow! Thanks for the info. Its things like this that make TS.com so worthwhile. I was wondering why the same part number was listed for the 4Runner and the Tundra. They definately have different headlights. That price is a little hard to swallow. Maybe out of my ballpark. I wonder how these compare to the ebay ones.

from what i've heard, the ones on ebay, alot of people had problems with the lights being damaged during shipping (?). the damage was usually the mounting tabs. some said they had slight fitment issues and problems with the seller not wanting to take responsabilty for the damage. that's a risk you take with ebay. all an all thou everyone seemed somewhat satisfied. these prices i mentioned above are a little steep but i like the fact that they stand by what they sell and if there's a problem, they'll see that it's corrected. the old saying is true," you get what you pay for". good luck to ya on what ever you decide to do. i will admit, those blacked out headlights do look good!

·
Registered
932 Posts
Ditto Ebay, only heard of two people having any issues with buying them, they were both shipping damage. Excellent fit, and look too. I've had mine for well over a year with no ill effects.

·
Premium Member
225 Posts
the only bad thing is that there isn't any more on ebay! i did the whole search thing and nothing. i reckon there were limited numbers. that's why i'm buying mine through this local shop. they are $$$ but that's the only place i've found them.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I tried ebay and could not find any. If anyone knows of a dealer or website that sells the black headlights let me know.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts