Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2005 Luchesse Limited 4 door. Looking to upgrade the head end, speakers, and amplifier.
The big question is: where to put an amplifier? The amplifier I am looking at is around 11" by 15.5" by 2.5" tall. I appreciate your input.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
JL Audio 300/2/v2 (13.40 in. x 9.25 in. x 2.27 in.)

·
Premium Member
765 Posts
I know mine is 01 AC VS yours DC but back wall is the most likely place.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the pictures and the quick reply. They look awesome.
That brings about another question, though. Do you have the power rear window? I do, and am concerned about space back there. It definitely looks like the place to put it, but the stereo guy hadn't done this year of tundra before, and wasnt sure if it would fit.
Thanks again.

·
Premium Member
765 Posts
I'm out on this one. Mine is the granny version with sliders to the side. 04+ Tundra owners will let u know.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Thanks for the pictures and the quick reply. They look awesome.
That brings about another question, though. Do you have the power rear window? I do, and am concerned about space back there. It definitely looks like the place to put it, but the stereo guy hadn't done this year of tundra before, and wasnt sure if it would fit.
Thanks again.

I have a '06 DC so yes I have the rear window that rolls down.

Just take the platic panel off then theres a black metal panel protecting the rear window....mount your amp to that, just be careful and make sure you use small screws so you dont catch the window rolling it down.

Theres a writeup somewhere around here.......

EDIT: http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forums/audio-and-stereo/187597-my-04-limited-dc-install/

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
If you're just looking for a place for the amp try the space underneath the front passenger seat, that's where I put mine. Not sure of the exact measurements, but I use to have a pretty big JBL amp under there and it fit fine, very discreet. Good luck.

·
Registered
587 Posts
I think the DC's have the factory JBL amp under the front passenger seat but I'm not too sure.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
I have an AC so same rules might not apply but I have an amp under both front seats.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
On DCs its best to mount an amp on the back wall. Theres too much stuff going on under our front seats.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Mounted my amps to the rear wall. It's a convenient spot because the stock JBL amp and all the audio system wiring is right there- makes for easy connections.:)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts