Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I know do get the Denso brand but which part number corresponds to which bank and sensor.

My code is P0161 which is Bank 2 Sensor 2, but I thought I would just buy the Bank 1 Sensor 2 at the same time and replace. My 02 Tundra truck has 93k miles.

The part numbers I see people ordering off amazon are 234-4162, 234-4154 & 234-4169

Can an expert or someone who knows list out which Denso part # is for the corresponding bank/sensor (please list all four). IE Bank2 Sensor 2 = 234-4154

Thank you... Jason

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually the dealers are telling me something different, I have a 2WD. The two rear are the same and the front are different. The site you sent has the rear as the same and the front as the same on the 2WD which is odd.

Maybe if I call Denso?

Anyways so far I have gotten from Toyota on a 02, v8 2wd that:

Bank 1 sensor 1 (front left) = 89465-34150
Bank 2 sensor 1 (front right) = 89465-34140

Bank 1&2, Sensor 2 = 89465-09170

If anyone else knows what Denso model #s these correspond with I would appreciate the help. Once I do digging and find out, I will post.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Here you go. I know the fronts are the same on a 02 i changed them on mine.
2002 V8-4.7 2WD & 4WD; Front = 234-4169
2002 V8-4.7 2WD & 4WD; Rear Left = 234-4154, Right Rear = 234-4162

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Called a local denso retailer.

They said that both fronts and both rears are in fact matching pairs.

Front = 234-4169
Rear = 234-4154

·
2015 Toyota Tundra DC SR5 5.7L
8,533 Posts
Called a local denso retailer.

They said that both fronts and both rears are in fact matching pairs.

Front = 234-4169
Rear = 234-4154
Jason,

The 234-4154 is not the appropriate downstream unit for your Tundra. If you have a CA-emissions vehicle, the rear, after-cat sensors are not the same as the other 49 states'. I have not yet found the aftermarket Denso "234-XXXX" code that corresponds to the Toyota California emissions OEM sensor. I would make sure that you specify that you are referencing a CA emissions vehicle when speaking with Denso.

Note that these downstream sensors are somewhere between $150-$190ea. Also be aware that Toyota specifies different part numbers for different production dates even in the same year. For instance, there was a production change in 6/2002, so the dealer should be asking you your VIN number to quote you the proper product code. My local dealer parts troll quoted me two different part numbers left-to-right even though I know they are the same actual Denso unit.

Good luck.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The 2wd Tundy uses the same 2 rear sensors (234-4154).

The 4wd Tundy uses 2 different rear sensors: (234-4154 Rear left and 234-4162 Rear Right)

234-4154 = $91 at rockauto.com (2wd Rears and 4wd rear left)
234-4162 = $70 at rockauto.com (4wd rear right)
234-4169 = $70 at rockauto.com (Front sensor for both 2wd and 4wd V8)

Cali emissions sensors are typically the front sensor. I find no reference for the 2002 requiring different sensors for Cali emissions but the 2001 (same 2wd and V8) Tundy has a reference for Cali emissions and the front sensor.

234-9001 is for the Auto tranny
234-9003 is for the Manual tranny.
These are the expensive ones. Over 300 bones at Autozone, $153 at URD, $143 at rockauto but you have to look under the V6 to find them (at rockauto).

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, the denso retailer I called is in fact a local retailer in CA who happen to be close to where I live. I do not think they would be selling other parts that are Cali illegal but who knows.

The swap out went well. Got under the truck in the garage and had some issues pulling off the electric cable, did not realize I had to use a screwdriver to lift the lever in the plug to release the connection.

Been 300 miles now and no check engine light is on. I hope I do not need to do the front ones any time soon, I heard they are a pain in the arse.

·
8,533 Posts
Well, the denso retailer I called is in fact a local retailer in CA who happen to be close to where I live. I do not think they would be selling other parts that are Cali illegal but who knows.

The swap out went well. Got under the truck in the garage and had some issues pulling off the electric cable, did not realize I had to use a screwdriver to lift the lever in the plug to release the connection.

Been 300 miles now and no check engine light is on. I hope I do not need to do the front ones any time soon, I heard they are a pain in the arse.
Did you put in the 234-4154s?

·
Banned
70 Posts
If I am not mistaken, Toyota uses WideBand O2 sensors on Tundras.

You can go to RockAuto Auto Parts and save money and get good solid replacement O2 sensors, BOSCH makes a great O2 Sensor. They pretty much invented them.

Denso is fine, you will save a huge amount of money by going through RockAuto Auto Parts

·
Registered
917 Posts
If I am not mistaken, Toyota uses WideBand O2 sensors on Tundras.

You can go to RockAuto Auto Parts and save money and get good solid replacement O2 sensors, BOSCH makes a great O2 Sensor. They pretty much invented them.

Denso is fine, you will save a huge amount of money by going through RockAuto Auto Parts
BOSCH sensors are a waste of money in a Tundra. Denso is the only way to go. Search and you will see 100's of threads on the subject. I got my 02 sensors at amazon.com they were the cheapest place at the time. IIRC 65.00 to the door.

·
Premium Member
6,857 Posts
I recently had the P0430 code come up. Ordered both front and rear O2 sensors from Amazon 234-4169 and 234-4162. Total shipped $120.68

·
Premium Member
6,857 Posts
Need confirmation from those that have purchased the denso 234-4162 sensor. The sensor that was shipped to me did not have come in a denso box nor does it say Denso on the sensor. The only ref numbers on the sensor body is as follow: Assembled in USA,5360, 09G19.

Can someone check I was sent an actual denso product?

Thanks!

·
8,533 Posts
Need confirmation from those that have purchased the denso 234-4162 sensor. The sensor that was shipped to me did not have come in a denso box nor does it say Denso on the sensor. The only ref numbers on the sensor body is as follow: Assembled in USA,5360, 09G19.

Can someone check I was sent an actual denso product?

Thanks!
Doesn't sound like it. I'd be on the horn with their CS to verify what they sent.

·
Premium Member
6,857 Posts
Doesn't sound like it. I'd be on the horn with their CS to verify what they sent.
Contacted the seller a couple of hours ago and they already responded. They are willing to take a pic of a sensor that has denso on it. If satisfied will ship it out tomorrow for me. They state although Denso is not engraved on the sensor, it's built by Denso. So far great customer service!!!

·
Premium Member
6,857 Posts
Update. Seller sent me another O2 senso with the denso branded on the body. Received the other sensor that came in a denso box. Looks like I'm good to go...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts