Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I find that the 6-1/2' box is the perfect size for my uses.As far as cab size,I don't have a family,so it is usually just two people in the truck.However on our hunting and fishing trips,there are often three or four people in my vehicle.As such,the doublecab with 6-1/2' bed meets my needs for both interior room and cargo capacity while still being short enough overall to fit in my garage comfortably.What works best for you?

·
Registered
435 Posts
CrewMax fits the bill for me. I need more interior space than I do bed space, so the 5.5 ft. bed is just right for me. As far as fitting in a garage, both the DoubleCab and CrewMax are the same overall length, so that shouldn't be an issue.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
For fun, regular cab short bed 5.7...you know :devil:

Realalisticly, and possible, my father is looking at the crew max. More than enough leg room for all of his hunting buddies and even if the bed is a little smaller, well, isn't that why they make trailers :cool:

·
Registered
548 Posts
I hate to say it, but none. I'm getting the crewmax, but its not ideal. Ideal would be the crewmax with a 6.5 bed. Im done complaining now, the kids will be happy.......

·
Premium Member
1,428 Posts
I want the Reg Cab with a 5.7L, standard bed. NO additional options like towing mirror, or SR5. I really don't need those options and they add more to the price. Hard to find in dealerships here in my area. So, I'll just have to wait till they become available.:cry:

·
Registered
440 Posts
5.7 4x4 standard bed,regular cab to navigate sand dunes, best power to weight ratio and the shortest wheelbase possible w this truck.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Crew Max 5.7 SR5 with TRD, Cold package, heated mirrors, Chrome tube steps, bedliner, 6 disc CD, carpeted mats, mud guards, sill protectors, homelink mirror and bucket seats. I'd prefer a 6.5 bed, but I wasn't willing to wait.

Not to knock the Limiteds (originally my first choice), but I think Toyota's pricing is a bit out of line. The exact same truck I ordered but in Limited trim would have been $5,800 more. For that $5,800, I would get the following:

Leather heated seats
Upgraded JBL stereo and w/ steering wheel controls
Fully automatic AC
Optitron gauges
Power retractable side mirrors

Just my opinion, but these are not worth almost $6,000 (to me).

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Mine will be for commute and weekend fun/speed, no wife/kids, so reg. cab/6.5 bed 5.7/2wd.

·
Registered
83 Posts
On order: SR5 DC LB 4X4. We need to play in the snow (wife is a skiing fanatic- CA,CO,UT,AZ,NM,WY,ID WA), & we also bought an 8000# travel trailer to pull around for camping. I need to haul plywood sheets for building cabinets as well as other woodworking projects. I'm only 5'7" so the family will fit just fine in the back of the DC.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I hate to say it, but none. I'm getting the crewmax, but its not ideal. Ideal would be the crewmax with a 6.5 bed. Im done complaining now, the kids will be happy.......
None! (for me either).

DoubleCab doesn't have enough rear seat leg room (big kids). CrewMax doesn't have big enough bed. Bummed 'cause was planning on getting one.

If Toyota won't build CrewMax with 6.5 bed for 2008, might have to go for Titan CrewCab longbed. Cheaper also! (but sometimes you get what you pay for).

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
DoubleCab doesn't have enough rear seat leg room (big kids).
They must be huge kids.I am 6' and my friend is 6'1" and either of us can sit comfortably in the back seat of my double cab with the drivers seat in my normal driving position.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
They must be huge kids.I am 6' and my friend is 6'1" and either of us can sit comfortably in the back seat of my double cab with the drivers seat in my normal driving position.
thats a bit of a stretch....saw the double cab today and the salesmen was around 6' 1" and he was anything but comfortable.......the seat was probably further back but I think more of an issue was the head room.....if you are planning on using the rear seats a lot then I would say go for the crewmax....

·
Registered
256 Posts
I agree...I think it's a bit of a stretch. I'm 6' and do fit okay in the back. I'd be fine around town, but not sure how comfortable I'd be on a 2+ hr trip.

On the flip side, I was surprised at how much leg room I had. It seems tight getting in, but the contoured seat backs seemed to give me the extra room needed.

I think it's fine for short rides...but on a longer trip, I wouldn't want to sit in the back :sleep:

thats a bit of a stretch....saw the double cab today and the salesmen was around 6' 1" and he was anything but comfortable.......the seat was probably further back but I think more of an issue was the head room.....if you are planning on using the rear seats a lot then I would say go for the crewmax....

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I guess it all depends on how far back the front seats are.Like I said,the drivers seat was in my normal driving position.I am 6' tall and wear jeans with a 34" inseam.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Im single and rarely have more than 1 person ride with me. So, the DC was more than enough. Plus, I like having the 6.5 bed when I need it. Too, I love the DC rear doors and how they are painted to match the vehicle....almost hidden. To me, true 4 door trucks look disproportionate....but thats my opinion:D

·
Registered
21 Posts
No 2007 Tundra fits my needs, unfortunately. I'd have one if it had a twin-turbo diesel with a stick shift to tow my heavily modified FZJ-80 Land Cruiser.

If the new Tundra with the 5.7 engine got a stick shift, then I *may* have even considered... but it didn't.

·
Registered
81 Posts
So far, none. I wanted to order a Limited DC with a long bed, with options "I" wanted chosen from those advertized in the brochure. I have purchased 26 new vehicles, though never a new Toyota and was surprised to learn how little choice one has, or that some companies are still making one buy what seems a lot like the old rustproofing scams of the 70's. Seems a strange way to market, at least to me. Now I'm waiting to be notified of the arrival of the first Titan King and Crew cabs with long beds (I have been told August by more than one dealer). I would be leery of a first year anything, and will have the same concerns about the new Titans, although I think the changes won't affect the engine and drive train. Would still be very interested in a Limited DC with a long bed and (only) the features I want, but don't plan on paying for mud flaps, clear coat and their bed liner. I have never had a truck longer then 3 years/60K and was hoping to get a nice Tundra the way I wanted it to keep it a while longer. So far, too bad...

1 - 20 of 29 Posts