Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at going with a 5" lift so truck will still fit in the garage. What would be the best route? RCD or Tuff Country. All opinions welcome. Also, if RCD, can I just get 5" out of it instead of the full 6? Or do I have to go with 4 OR 6 only? Read many posts... believe me.

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The RCD sounds better but wasn't sure if I could adjust to just 5 inches of lift.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Coilovers aren't really adjustable haha. It would either be 4" or 6". Do lots of research though. Make sure you get everything you need and consult an off road store to see if you'll need other parts as well

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for the straight forward answer clockhart10. Thats what I was hoping to find out. Much appreciated.

·
Registered
366 Posts
i have the tc 5" and love it. i havnt had any problems at all and have had it a little over 2 years... if you want more lift later you can always put coilovers on and aal in the back(what i currently have) but coilovers are completely adjustable btw... not sure what clockhart10 was talking about. i have the ivd coilovers and cant adjust them about 4"....

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey [email protected], Thanks for your input. I guess I'm still undecided as of now. I have a whole bunch of factors I'm trying to figure out. I do like your setup though.

·
Registered
469 Posts
The RCD is either 4 or 6. You can't go in between. So your best bet is to get the 5" Tuff Country.

·
Premium Member
11,253 Posts
Thank you for the straight forward answer clockhart10. Thats what I was hoping to find out. Much appreciated.
It was a straight answer, but it was totally wrong :lol:.

Get the RCD kit, it is much better built. I have wheeled with trucks running the RCD kit and the TC kit, seen both up close and personal...get the RCD, if you have the money.

Do not get the shocks that come with the kit. Instead, talk to SAW or IVD, and order a set of 2.5" body coilovers from them, in the length you need. They should have the length already, I know SAW has done it...PM "Imdone" for more information, or call IVD. They both make excellent shocks.

The point of having shocks from one of those two companies is that the RCD kit is a 4" or 6" kit based on the two settings available on the coilovers provided with the kit. The bracket itself is 4"...going to the 6" setting is effectively a combination between the 4" drop bracket and spindles, and any 2" coilover kit. By using a coilover from SAW or IVD, with a threaded body and adjusting collar, you can fine-tune the ride height between 4" and 6" as you please.

If that is not in the budget, get the 5" TC kit...the one that comes with new spindles.

-Sean

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well guys, thats why I ask. I don't pretend to know it all, as I am still learning about lifts and what have you. I appreciate not being beat over the head too hard. I think, from what I have read, that the RCD kit is bulletproof, and devinsixtyseven had some really great ideas which I will most likely look into since I really do only want 5" of lift. Sorry for beating a dead horse, but how will I learn if I don't ask the right people? Obviously reading isn't doing much for me, so I figured I'd ask those in the know. I really appreciate you all taking the time to respond.

·
Registered
10 Posts
this is a good thread... im looking for a lift as well... kinda stumped though..
Was looking into Radflo and Camburg as well.. but not the particular setup i was looking for..

Stacking lifts... no good??
I have the 3in toytec and the add a leaf.. can i put that alongside with the RCD??
meaning i would need new shocks and springs??

1 - 12 of 12 Posts