Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted this in suspension, but haven't had any hits, so figured I would post her too.

I am tired of having a sagging rear-end, so it is time to buy an Add a Leaf.

I have looked a lot of places, and while I would like a deaver mini pack, I just can't swing that kind of coin!

Here is my current set-up and what I wish to accomplish:

Bilstein 5100's up front on their highest setting, and 5100's in the rear with stock springs, NO blocks.

Currently if I put any weight in the back I sag. It appears pretty level otherwise.

I want to be able to put weight in my bed (usually my ATV, or a load of mulch, gravel, yard waste, etc) without sagging to the bump stops. Additionally I would like to end up with NO MORE than 2" high in the rear.

Oh, and last, but not least, I would like to keep it below $150 for the complete set.

Also, please no suggestions for blocks, I don't want them, and I am aware the AAL may make the ride more stiff.

Let's hear the suggestions!

Thank you everyone in advance!

KF4MNC

·
Registered
1 Posts
Try googling Air Lift 5000. I had a set of helper air bags on a 03 tacoma for several years. Made the mini truck work like a mid-size truck. They are around $250. But when your empty the truck and lower the air pressure it still rides as before. If I remember right, I could haul 30 sheets of 1/2 sheetrock in that little mini-truck at 90psi in the bags.

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Try googling Air Lift 5000. I had a set of helper air bags on a 03 tacoma for several years. Made the mini truck work like a mid-size truck. They are around $250. But when your empty the truck and lower the air pressure it still rides as before. If I remember right, I could haul 30 sheets of 1/2 sheetrock in that little mini-truck at 90psi in the bags.
Thanks for the idea. I actually looked at some air bags, but decided against them at this time. Thanks anyway!

Thanks for the links. I have read some of them, but not all. Since most are a year or older I was wondering if anyone had any new experience/comments, ideas, etc.

Thanks for your help, I will look them over!

·
Registered
215 Posts
WHEELER'S Single Leaf Add A Leaf Kit: 77.50/pair Provides approx 1" lift. Installs with factory u-bolts.

WHEELER'S 3 Leaf Progressive Add A Leaf Kit: 149.00/set Provides approx 3/4" lift. Requires removal of factory overload leaf but still very resilient to loads. Uses your factory u-bolts.

·
Registered
1,683 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
WHEELER'S Single Leaf Add A Leaf Kit: 77.50/pair Provides approx 1" lift. Installs with factory u-bolts.

WHEELER'S 3 Leaf Progressive Add A Leaf Kit: 149.00/set Provides approx 3/4" lift. Requires removal of factory overload leaf but still very resilient to loads. Uses your factory u-bolts.
Thanks for the cut & paste, although I have already checked them out. Also, another member commented that he had bad luck with the single AAL.

I'll take a look, although most ICON parts are out of my price range.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I am leaning towards the ProComp or the ToyTec.

From what I've read the ProComp that is listed to give up to 2" of lift is a bit stiffer than the ToyTec that is listed to give up to 1.5" of life.

Does anyone have any experience?

Thanks in advance!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts