Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, this is my first post, so bear with me.
I just recently switched my front shocks from the Fabtech Basic Dirt 2.5" Coilovers back to my stock shocks with a 3" spacer lift on top of it. It looks really, really good and it's sitting about an inch higher up front than it is in the back. I tried to install the Fabtech's back on with the spacers on them so that I would have a total of about 5" of lift, but the damn things just would NOT fit back on! Is this normal or could I have made them fit and had the extra left with the Fabtech shocks?
My main question is for all you offroad junkies... which wheels should I get? I'm currently running 265/70/16s and I am planning on moving up to 285/75/16s, so I need a wheel with a 3.5 backspacing, in BLACK!

Have at it! :clap:

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
*It should be noted that 3.5 backspace is not the limit I have, I would LIKE for the tires to be kicked out as far as possible!*

·
Registered
394 Posts
You might try this in the wheel/tire forum or the 1gen forum. Different bolt patterns on the 07 and newer trucks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have Eagle 185 16x8 on my 2006 DC (just got them today actually) they have a 4" backspace but you also want to note the offset of the wheel. These have a negative offset (-11mm) which means they stick out more; if they have a positive offset they will be more tucked in to the wheel well (and more likely to rub) These wheels worked out perfectly for my truck both because they stopped the rubbing (I put 285/75/16 on my stock wheels for a time) and they line up perfectly with the stock fender flares on my truck. I don't think the '03 Tundras have the fender flares so they may stick out about an inch on yours. Look for a member named Tundrunk he may have the setup you're looking for. Good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts