Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All, first thread/ post here...

I have a high mileage 2000 Tundra. Looking to give her some well deserved TLC. Replacing the alternator now. Need to take care of a slow transfer case seal leak and also looking at replacing the steering rack bushings. But the reason for the post...

I have S13WE brake calipers on my truck. I would like upgrade the front brakes. But which upgrade to do, go to the 13WL calipers or do the complete upgrade to '05/'06 calipers (as outlined by M Evang) ?

Thanks, Northwest Tundra

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 1Gen 2002 Tundra with 183xxx on the clock. My daily driver...haul occasionally. I have the original (non TSB undated) brake calipers. I just got new Wagner rotors and pads couple weeks ago. So far so good...increased braking...not saying much since brakes well known soft spot on first gen tundras. Fixed my old girl up to give to teenage daughter. I also upgraded headlights to HIDs, bluetooth stereo and rear sway bar. Other that the 4.7L loving fuel not much bad you say about them. Cheers!

·
Registered
2 Posts
If you are going to upgrade to the 13wl you might want to consider going to 5gen 4Runner caliper and rotors. Cost is very similar, and they are slightly bigger than the 13wl, piston diameter and rotor diameter are larger, however you will need 17"" rims to clear.

All the 4th gen 4runner and FJ guys seems to be doing this now, as apposed to using the 13wl tundra brakes. More info in link below.

https://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/maintenance-tech/529833-stoptech-true-big-brake-kit-400-diy-6.html

1 - 4 of 4 Posts