Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I guess i'm already locked in to a certain degree on this.

I just bought the KORE setup up front for the '10 Tundra and it uses 600lb/inch coils, also with the KORE valved rear piggy back fox dampers

I'm only looking to lift 1-1.5inches in the front and I want to retain the stock rear leaf

From what I've gathered:
Sway-away and Camburg - 700lb/in
Fox - 700lb/in

Icon - 600lb/in

OME - 740lb/in (but non-adjustable... but it seems like a lot of preload and poorly controlled rebound) I only say this because I had them on my Tacoma with a similar setup and it was at least to me like a pogo stick.

It looks as though the ARB and m12000 winch will come to 325-350lbs. I'm also adding bud built sliders (180lbs) behind the front wheels and will eventually add a fab fours or expedition one rear bumper

Anyone have any comment or experience with aftermarket coilovers and a heavy winch bumper and winch up front? Is 600lb/in coils going to cut it or do I need to scrap my plans and go with heavier duty springs. Anyone with some real world setup?

·
Registered
6,755 Posts
When I got my coilovers I was told if I run a heavy bumper and/or winch I would need 700lb springs. I thought camburgs run 650, and SAW also, but I could be wrong depending on what truck they are made for. I only look at stuff for gen1 Tundras. Good luck.

·
Registered
429 Posts
600lb seems WAY to light for 2gen Tundra...????? Considering quality offroad replacement coilovers for 1gen generally use 650lb. i would say minimum 700lb for you with aftermarket additions on front. But, i'm just 1gen guy.

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
For a 2nd gen with winch, bumper, sliders, etc...IIWY I'd get a pair of 2.5" diameter SAW or Fox shocks, with 700# springs.

-Sean
i agree. the icons i recently put on my gen 1 came with 650# springs. i don't have a winch so i didn't crank them up too much. if i were to get a winch though, i believe with a little adjustment the icons would handle the extra weight of the winch just fine.

so surely for the gen 2's you would want more than what i have-winch or no winch.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts