Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had flowmaster catback systems on my last three trucks and now im ready to do my tacoma which flowmaster muffler should i go with? I had the forty series on my F-150s but is it to much for the v-6? or should i do the fifty series?

·
Registered
150 Posts
My buddy has the delta 40 and it sounds pretty good. I had the delta 50 on my 02, and it sounded great, but the 15 cats on the 05+s quiet it down a bunch. I may go 40, but I want to hear my buddies truck again before I decide.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I am also thinking about getting a flowmaster but I don't want too much drooning at cruising speeds. I was thinking either a delta 50 or suv model. What do you guys recommend?

·
Registered
447 Posts
I am also thinking about getting a flowmaster but I don't want too much drooning at cruising speeds. I was thinking either a delta 50 or suv model. What do you guys recommend?
the 50 and 50 deltaflow(suv type also) are relatively quiet, but im still gonna say go with the original 40.......can barely hear it @ cruising speeds honestly!!

·
Registered
153 Posts
I had the 40 on my 4.0 and I think it was way too loud. It had an unpleasant tone. If it were me I would definitely recommend the 50 or larger. I have the Gibson SS Catback now and it's not very loud. I'm thinking of increasing the power and the tone of it by adding the C2C headers and URD y-pipe.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I went with the 50 series delta flow. I'm very happy with mine. I have the access cab, the muffler shop put the muffler under the bed of the truck. I have no droning what so ever. Sounds good on acceleration and when you hit hwy speeds you can't hear it. It's not loud at all where you'd draw unnecessary attention to yourself. I give it two thumbs up :tu::tu: :clown:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts