Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
...Raptor Slayer...
2,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2 photos one or the other will be getting done with fuel offroad black 20's not sure which ones yet but anyway which one of these lifts do like better...my thing is this its either the 10 inch bulletproof on 38's...(but i think that the Double cabs look a little funny that big i know the crew max looks sick with bulletproof lift on...maybe its me)...but the next choice is 7inch bds on 37's but i wish someone made that extra inch of lift...so im stuck between the two im sure i would be happy with either but i just want to see what you have to say about these two lifts below...

Bulletproof 12inch on 38's

And this is one of our TS members (Brad) with the BDS and im not sure what else on 37's But its a beast looks good!

They almost look the same when i look at them again

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
I like the second one better. It looks less showy and more realistic. I could see the second one offroad, the first one I can see a tow truck picking it up off its side.

·
Registered
889 Posts
I vote for the second one. Look well balance. The first one might tip over.. LOL

I thought only Ford owners do that first one. Didn't realize Toy owners like that too.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I have the BDS and love it... I have a crew max and I think the bulletproof on a crew max looks good but it's too much for a DC...just my opinion! Plus the BDS warranty is outstanding!

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
first one is trying too hard IMO. second one, as stated, looks good.

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
I definitely vote for the second one. The first truck is cool but as others have said it's too much. If I win the lottery one day I plan to do the BDS lift myself!

·
Registered
383 Posts
I go against the grain and vote for the Bulletproof lift. Go big or go home....nowhere to offroad on this island anyway. Personally, I think 37's look too big for the 7" lift. Most importantly, get the lift YOU will be happy with.

·
...Raptor Slayer...
2,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I go against the grain and vote for the Bulletproof lift. Go big or go home....nowhere to offroad on this island anyway. Personally, I think 37's look too big for the 7" lift. Most importantly, get the lift YOU will be happy with.
its probably going to be the BDS with 37s...i have been on the phone all day with shops all over

·
Resident Reefer
259 Posts
Love the 1st one!!! The 2nd doesn't look level to me and I'm not into that style.

Man, if I still lived in da Islands I'd go big! Just like drivensite mentioned "go BIG or go home". You don't wanna regret it later and wish you only went bigger.

·
...Raptor Slayer...
2,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ok i have it down...i will be using the BDS 7inch front kit...with a ICON coilover (it will work i called) and the rear will be a small block and custom deaver leaf pack with the ICON rear shock. 37" Toyos on 20" fuel octanes.

·
Registered
655 Posts
krew,your an island boy,and i know you boys like to go big,you will kick yourself in the azz if you go with BDS,bite the bullet,and go with bullet proof.

·
...Raptor Slayer...
2,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I want to go big but i wish i had crew max looks better. I think that BDS is big enough cause im actually moving to Henderson in about 2 maybe 3 years not sure yet but I want to tear it up with this truck so I dont want to go too big.

·
Registered
655 Posts
honestly bro,if your goin to wheel this truck,both kits suck for that.they look/ride great on the street,but thats it.if you want to build a good wheelin truck,dont go bigger then 4" max,and put some coil overs on it.we have a customer with a bullet proof kit,and we cant even put his truck on a lift,in his own words "dont rack it,cuz my front will fold" and after i got a better look at it,hes right,that sh!t would buckle.BDS is a lot like pro comp "stage 2 with coil overs"good design,great street truck,but not good for hard offroading.to many drop brackets,big azz crossmember that hangs low,and to top heavy also.hope i helped a little bit.

·
...Raptor Slayer...
2,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yea it did...your always helpful...but im not a big offroader anymore to much money on the line...i will use the truck for my bikes, and my boat to tow with since deaver is making me a spring rate for the tounge weight. I just want to give it a good lifted clean look. One more question i have 3.90 gears so i have been told do you think im going to have to throw a 4.10 or 4.30? So lost...

·
Registered
655 Posts
with 37" tires you will lose a little bit,not to bad tho.id roll with it first,maybe put an exhuast/trd intake on it first,try to do the gears last,only if you have to.doin gears on a 4x4 is alot $$$$,in vegas its around $1600.00 or so.if you end up doin gears,id go 4.30 on 37",and 4.56 on 38".if you regear it,might as well have some fun with the beast.your MPG will suffer a little bit at freeway speeds,but it would be a rocket off the line!!!!

·
...Raptor Slayer...
2,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Im really considering the body lift with the pro comp 6inch...i wont be offroading this truck anymore...i already have had some close calls and its to much of a liability. So i think i deciding on Pro comp 6inch with ICONs, a custom deaver leaf pack, 3 inch body lift and 20" Fuel Off road octane on 37X13.50 Toyo MTs. It will be a street lift :lol:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts