Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I tried searching around for an answer but I'm not having much luck. I just bought some XD Hoss 18x9 +35 offset from another member and I haven't taken delivery yet. I am switching from the trd 18" wheels and I need to know if I'll need new lugnuts and if so can someone help me out with a link for some that would work. Thanks a lot guys.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Not sure which ones you will need, but when I got my Hoss' installed, they used different lugs than the ones that were being used with the stock TRD's. Nice choice on wheels btw!! ;)

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure which ones you will need, but when I got my Hoss' installed, they used different lugs than the ones that were being used with the stock TRD's. Nice choice on wheels btw!! ;)
So the shop that installed them sold you the lugnuts? I was thinking I could get them ahead of time cheaper but I guess I might just let the tire place figure it out. I would think that all of the xd wheels that are so popular right now use the same lugs. Thanks for helping! Points sent

·
Registered
681 Posts
So the shop that installed them sold you the lugnuts? I was thinking I could get them ahead of time cheaper but I guess I might just let the tire place figure it out. I would think that all of the xd wheels that are so popular right now use the same lugs. Thanks for helping! Points sent
I guess you could say they sold them to me. They were part of the mounting, balancing, swapping over the TPS "package". I just looked at my receipt and it was $120 for all that. You might be able to save a few bucks by buying the lug nuts at an auto parts store, but probably not enough to go thru the extra hassle. Good luck!!

·
Registered
25 Posts
I bought my Hoss's from Discount Tire and they came with Gorilla brand lug nuts. I'll look at the box tonight and get the specifics.

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I guess you could say they sold them to me. They were part of the mounting, balancing, swapping over the TPS "package". I just looked at my receipt and it was $120 for all that. You might be able to save a few bucks by buying the lug nuts at an auto parts store, but probably not enough to go thru the extra hassle. Good luck!!
Thanks man, where did you have them installed?
I bought my Hoss's from Discount Tire and they came with Gorilla brand lug nuts. I'll look at the box tonight and get the specifics.
Hey thanks a lot man!

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I had the tires, wheels, and 5100's installed at a local off road shop near my place in San Diego called PG Series/Trick Trucks.
Last question, what stock wheels did you have? I'm curious is my TPMS from my trd 18's will work in the new wheels? If not I'll just make a pressurized cannister.

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Bumping this one back up to see if anyone can please help!! I called the place that will install them and they said if I require new lugnuts I need to buy them and bring them with me. So some help would be great!

·
Ex-Mod
5,944 Posts
How do you know if you need new lug nuts?

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just what I've read about the other XD series wheels. The flat type that come with the trd wheels won't catch enough threads so I need the shank or acorn type??? I don't know the more I read the more I get confused. I emailed xd but haven't heard back.

·
Premium Member
5,467 Posts
Just what I've read about the other XD series wheels. The flat type that come with the trd wheels won't catch enough threads so I need the shank or acorn type??? I don't know the more I read the more I get confused. I emailed xd but haven't heard back.
Don't know anything about those wheels so all I can do is sympathize with your problem. :(
I tried some online research and basically came up with a dead end also. It appears that they take the same lug nuts as the steelies, but I can't find anything to prove that one way or the other. :confused:

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Don't know anything about those wheels so all I can do is sympathize with your problem. :(
I tried some online research and basically came up with a dead end also. It appears that they take the same lug nuts as the steelies, but I can't find anything to prove that one way or the other. :confused:
Thanks for trying! I called firestone who will put them on (not by choice) and they are the ones that said if I need new lugnuts I need to bring them. Tire rack carries the wheels and if you buy from them they come with lugnuts, so I suppose they would know but I doubt they'll help me since I didn't buy from them. I don't know what to do. I guess I'll run to advance auto and see if they know but I doubt it.

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I found this on the XD website but it really doen't help...

Do I need aftermarket Lug Nuts with my new wheels?
Yes. Almost all aftermarket wheels have smaller lug holes than the factory wheels. In most cases they wont even fit in the holes. Aftermarket tapered lugs are also required to center the wheel to the hub.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Last question, what stock wheels did you have? I'm curious is my TPMS from my trd 18's will work in the new wheels? If not I'll just make a pressurized cannister.
I just got off the phone with my Discount Tire guy (brother's best friend... has been there since 1992) and he said that you will need the new tapered lug nuts. As far as the TPMS is concerned, if you are swapping wheels, and depending on the age of your truck, the TPMS parts may break anyway while they attempt to swap them over. This happened on my '08 while getting new BFG's (I watched) so I know it's not a scam... those things are weak.

Hope that helps.

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks Toy Collector! I have already had three sensors replaced so I know a couple are new. After hearing this I may just put them in a pressurized tube. I think I'll run down to the auto shop tomorrow and see if I can buy some.

I read that the lug nuts I need are 14mm x 1.5 , Can anyone confirm that? I have no idea what that means but may help me at advanced auto. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,659 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I got mine installed at Goodyear Express Tire so you can call them and ask , other resources that are helpful are 4wheelparts or Summit racing if you call those guys they are very knowledgeable.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts