Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im not sure as to which muffler from magnaflow to buy. If anyone has bought one and they are happy with it please let me know.:tu: :ts:

·
veteran member
1,757 Posts
Really depends on the person want louder exhaust go with a shorter muffler want quiet get longer muffler.I bought the cat-back system don't know how long the muffler is I will try and measure later.Most complain of loss of low I did not feel this if there is it is very minut.Good luckJust measured 22 inch

·
Registered
665 Posts
In my gallery I have clips of my x-sp w/ 2.5" piping and 14" magnaflow

·
Registered
89 Posts
I like a somewhat nearly stock-ish sound w/ some bit o' manly rumble. I got the Magnaflow 14586 22 inch muffler. It has 2.5 in. in & out. I love the sound & there's NO droan. Perfect for me.:tu:

Good Luck

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm sure I will be alone on this, but.... I bought the 14' magnaflow from summit racing, only looking for a deeper sound. It is way quieter than expected. The price is right, and it does get louder after the "break in" period, but I can still barely hear it.

I understand my toyota will never have the domestic rumble...nor do I want that, but I did expect more. I have been told to remove the resonator (and probably will), but if I could do it again I would try a flowmaster 50 series (assuming my only goal is sound).

Personally, I would look into chambered mufflers if sound is your concern. Dont expect significant performance from the muffler alone.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Actually, I have a pair of Flowmasters that I will be replacing with Magnaflow. Don't know if it's the size of the mufflers or what, but they have a really bad 2k rpm drone. As this if from a Harley guy who likes loud pipes.

The drone is more reminiscent of the "Fast and Furious" Honda Civic mufflers you hear out there than of a V8.

·
Registered
21 Posts
i have the 18 inch magnaflow and it was exactly what i wanted, not too loud, but defintly noticeable. almost like stock at idle, but much deeper and a good bit louder while accelerating and at startup. also i have not noticed any droan at highway speeds.

·
Registered
41 Posts
You should weld in a 14" magnaflow to stock pipes. Gave me a little more uummph and the growl sounds great. It got a skOsh louder . No drone. I hear more exhaust than motor now and I can almost break the tires loose from a standstill after I did this. I run a 05 4dr 4times4. k&n drop-in with stock air box mated to the fipk chrome tube . I can't wait for jba headers!!:eek:

·
Registered
209 Posts
I bought the 22'' stainless steel Magnaflow muffler that is offset center. I had a friend weld it onto the stock exhaust for $40 and it sounds good, with a mild tone as you accelerate. If you want a louder exhaust, go with one of the shorter Magnaflows.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts