Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm considering giving my daughter my 01 4WD AC SR5 with 125k miles on it and upsizing to an 07 4WD 5.7L DC. I want to upsize my RV next year, and, well, a new, more powerful truck would sure be nice. :D Anyhow, I've been able to find the basics, but one of the things that's bugged me about towing with my current Tundra is the lack of good options for mirrors. The new, OEM towing mirrors are just what the doctor ordered, but my local dealer has none, and isn't expecting to get any in the near future (or at least not on trucks that also meet my other requirements). Also, the sonar & cameras look nice for parallel parking in downtown, but also only available on limiteds at this time. Anyhow, I'm considering buying a fairly basic SR5 model and then just adding on as I go. Anyone know which OEM options I'll be able to add later without any major headaches? My understanding is the truck is prewired for a brake controller & back-up camera, but would I have to get a specific stereo to add the camera later?

Thanks,
Dave

·
Registered
91 Posts
There is a ****e load of factory stuff on Ebay

·
Registered
78 Posts
Check with other dealers. They can swap with other dealers, they may say they cant but that a ploy to sell off the lot. Some are very good at finding the truck you want the way you want. Let them know it's this way or no sale. Someone will get you what you want.

Most sales managers will tell their people, "Sell what you see." They want to turn that inventory.

Rich

1 - 4 of 4 Posts