Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going tomorrow to look at (i.e. come home with) a '07 5.7 CM or a '10 5.7 DC. I intend to pull a fifth wheel that has yet to be purchased. Any advice?

·
Registered
347 Posts
go with which one you want. i pull a 30ft fifth wheel with my 08 cm. it pulls like a dream. you have to get the pullrite 12k super glide hitch with the crew max. but you need a pullrite either way so its not that big of a price difference. no matter what truck you get make sure you put on air bags and load range tires. both trucks will due just fine. imo the crewmax looks better :D

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
You want more interior room? Get the CM. You want a longer bed? Get the DC. It's just that easy!! ;)
well, also since its not specified, whats the equipment/trim level differences, how many miles on the 07, etc. if its an 07 CM limited with low low miles vs a 2010 base work truck double cab then i'd say get the nicer truck. if they are exactly the same and all that, then its down to more room inisde or in the bed....or if u can get used to weird door handles on the back doors or weird proportions with the tiny mid size truck bed...theres drawbacks to each one....

·
Registered
420 Posts
I would get the '10, warrantee and they have made some improvements over the years.

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
I would get the '10, warrantee and they have made some improvements over the years.
I agree, unless the 07 has some modifications you like or extremely low mileage it seems best to get the newer model.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Firestone Ride-Rite is a no-drill installation for the air bags. Took me about an hour to install, and I am very methodical (a nice word for "slow"). With my bumper-pull hitch weight of 700 lbs, I only need about 40 lbs of air pressure to bring it up to road height. But your hitch will be different. We went with the doublecab tundra grade to get seating for 6, and added katzkin leather to class up the standard plain interior. They have a special kit for the Tundra grade. And it pulls like a DREAM. The pre-wire for the prodigy brake installer is a cool set-up too. Good luck, and have FUN with the fifth-wheel. And the 2010 model has self-leveling headlights, I believe.

Peacemakerpete

1 - 8 of 8 Posts