Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good evening, everyone-

My driver's side low beam just went out on me this evening and I've been searching to find what bulb to use to replace it. I've a 2010 Tundra. I'm more than pleased with the stock lights, but they appear significantly brighter than bulbs I've purchased for other autos in the past.

Could someone tell me what bulb Toyota uses for stock?

Any other suggestions?

Thanks a Ton!

Chris

·
Registered
249 Posts
Good evening, everyone-

My driver's side low beam just went out on me this evening and I've been searching to find what bulb to use to replace it. I've a 2010 Tundra. I'm more than pleased with the stock lights, but they appear significantly brighter than bulbs I've purchased for other autos in the past.

Could someone tell me what bulb Toyota uses for stock?

Any other suggestions?

Thanks a Ton!

Chris
I don't know which bulb they use but if u really like them just get em from the dealer. I also think its the projector that makes it that bright. Have u considered h.I.d lights? If u think the stock bulbs r bright h.I.d bulbs r 3-4 times brighter. The bulb size is h11 if u were wondering

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't know which bulb they use but if u really like them just get em from the dealer. I also think its the projector that makes it that bright. Have u considered h.I.d lights? If u think the stock bulbs r bright h.I.d bulbs r 3-4 times brighter. The bulb size is h11 if u were wondering

Thanks for the info. My problem is I simply can't get to my dealer for a couple of days, so I was hoping just to stop by an auto-parts store and grab replacement lamps is possible. Figured it might save me a buck or two in the process as well over the cost from a dealer.

Not sure about HID's. Isn't there a special set-up/mod needed to use HID's?

·
Registered
249 Posts
Hid's r a plug n play kit. No modding needed. I got my hid kit from eBay for $30 n completely happy with it. But if u just want the stock look then just get the $30-40 bulbs at the auto parts store. I forgot what the name is of them.

·
Premium Member
137 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts