Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a new 2013 Tundra CrewMax Limited 4x4 TRD Rock Warrior and I thought I wanted oval tube steps, but now some friends have recommended Rock Sliders for protection of the truck and to use as a step and I agree.
I'm not a hardcore offroader, but I would like to have some for the occasional off-roading. I want them to be black powder coated also. Online I've looked at N-Fab, White-Knuckle, Demello, BudBuilt, and another one but just not sure which is better??
I don't want them to stick out too much, just enough to use as a step to get in my truck since I am not a very tall girl :eek: Also I think I might prefer the bolt-on ones instead of the welded ones too. Thanks for letting me know guys, and I will drive anywhere in SoCal to get them.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have not seen N-Fab sliders in person nor on their web site - so I can't say. The N-fab stuff I have seen won't support the weight of the vehicle, which is the definition of a slider. I have While Knuckle Off-Road sliders on my CM - they were the lightest at about 90 lbs per side for the regular ones, bolt to the frame only and not to the leaft spring shackle, and I can lift two wheels off the ground with them using a Hi-Lift jack.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! I already wrote to White Knuckle and they gave me a quote, I think Budbuilt and Stubbs are more expensive. Did you order from White-Knuckle and they shipped to you? I think they are here in CA by me and it looks like you are in VA. Was installation easy?

·
Registered
177 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
I have a set from Sleeoffroad.com which are a little more like a running board but built from 3/16 cold formed steel and EXTREMELY HEAVY DUTY. I looked at the White-Knuckle and they tuck up under the truck too much for my purposes. The Slee also make getting in and out of the truck a lot easier after it was lifted.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I have a set from Sleeoffroad.com which are a little more like a running board but built from 3/16 cold formed steel and EXTREMELY HEAVY DUTY. I looked at the White-Knuckle and they tuck up under the truck too much for my purposes. The Slee also make getting in and out of the truck a lot easier after it was lifted.
Got any pics or a link? Thanks.

Also, an advantage of the ST's are that they come in three widths: narrow, medium and wide.

Which ever way I go I'm probably going to have them Line-X'ed vs. powder coated. The bottoms of the nerf bars on my previous truck got "sand blasted" from road grime and it was impossible to keep the paint on - eventually got really rusty.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
177 Posts
ST is located in SoCal - maybe pick-up to save on delivery?

Anyways, be sure to post up some pics of whatever you get installed!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Will post pics! But first I need to get the bed coated in Rhino, I can get a better deal on Rhino than Linex in Santa Ana. Then the sliders and they will also be coated too! :rolleyes:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts