Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need help on this one. finally getting a lift and new wheels. going with billstein adjustables on the front (top notch 2.5 lift). what I wanted was 295/70/17 The guy at the shop doing my lift talked me in to going with 285/70/17 just to avoid any rubbing issues. do you think it will make that much of a difference? I have seen other tundras on here with the 295's but they had a 3'' lift. just want every ones opinion on this. mostly if you have dealt with rubbing issues. I will post pics after its done. Thanks

I'm getting 4 Billsteins
4 XD SPYS 17x9
With Nitto Tera grapplers

·
Registered
6,755 Posts
I'd go with 285s. It's the most popular tire here aside from stock. You may still have slight rubbing, but depending on where it can be easily fixed. My tires rubbed on the corner of the front bumper, 5 minutes with the dremel and it was gone forever. Aside from that, the difference is minimal and 295 is kind of an odd ball number. If you have to get a replacement in the middle of nowhere, you may be frustrated. I hear lots of good things about the tire you chose, good job and good luck. Once you get it all on, you know the rules, pics or it didn't happen!:heh:

·
Registered
233 Posts
agreed with the 285 , 295 is an odd ball size just when u get the spy's in 17's make sure they have 4.5'' back spacing just in case later dwn the line u want to go higher u wont have to change rims !! and post pics when done !!!

·
Registered
6,755 Posts
agreed with the 285 , 295 is an odd ball size just when u get the spy's in 17's make sure they have 4.5'' back spacing just in case later dwn the line u want to go higher u wont have to change rims !! and post pics when done !!!
Good point, 4.5'' is the most you want to run on backspacing. I suggest 4'' but 4.5'' will work. My wheels are 4.5'' bs and 9'' wide. It's real tight between my tire and uca.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts