Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm looking to put a cover on my Tundra but don't know where to start or what to look for. What I do know is that I need something easily removable at the same time durable. I'm in Wisconsin and the cover needs to be able to hold the sometimes foot of snow that might fall overnight. I also bow hunt so I need to be able to remove the cover in the shortest time possible to make room for my gear.

I need a quality suggestion and price I can expect to pay for it.

Thanks

·
Registered
3,182 Posts
Keep asking yourself questions about what you need and want, that will tell you which one fits your life style best. Based on what you said though I would think you want hard folding style. They will stand up to the elements better than a soft fold and more secure but they can also be removed pretty quick. Hard fold are kind of heavy but can be removed by one person in about 5 minutes.
Look really closely at some of the videos of how they open, close, how they work in the open position etc. I chose mine because it had slam latch closing which meant I didnt have to physically yank down on a bunch of hooks each time I folded it open or closed. Also because of how it could be used if I have something big in the back of the truck.
Pretty sure all the panels are made by one company then the different sellers just use their own closing systems so the quality of the panels should be about the same with all of them. I got this one and am happy with it. Has held up well over the last 8 years with nothing broken. Should run you about a grand but maybe poke around for better deals. RealTruck is a supporting vendor on this site so push them for a better price too.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I have a roll-up type by truxedo. IMO, it's the best of both worlds. It rolls up quick to put in a snowmobile, dryer, fridge, 12-point buck - what have you, and you don't have to pre-remove it, and then re-install it. You do lose a bit of width since the rails stick out into the cargo area, but I've never noticed the loss. It takes up very little space in the front when it's rolled up too. I live in vermont, and have had plenty of snow and ice on it and it's plenty rugged. With the bars and thick vinyl cover, I really don't think any amount of snow would break it. I clean it off after a storm anyway.
I think the biggest plus of this type of cover is that you can roll it up anywhere, anytime, for anything that comes up. Or close it anywhere if it starts to rain or what have you. I bougt mine used 10 years ago, and it's still doing ok. It's a little faded and the velcro strips have mostly come off, but it still closes tight/taut. I've been too lazy to get them resewn.
Good luck with the search!

·
Fellow Tundra Owner
1,848 Posts
I have the Truxedo Lo Pro Roll-up cover on mine and I like it. The lifetime warranty is an added bonus.

·
Driver of 2 Tundra trucks
6,249 Posts
I found a used UnderCover Classic on Craigslist, it's water tight, secure, extremely durable and easy to remove. $250.00 installed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts