Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can't believe I'm asking this :rolleyes: : which TRD decal set do I get for the bed? I see a million on ebay, and I think only one is OEM.

I don't want the TRD shocks and price tag, but admittedly I like the bed decal look.

·
Registered
9 Posts
TRD parts sells the real thing on their Web site. A little more pricey than the vinyl ones on eBay, but at least the decal will be genuine! I'm thinking od doing the same thing. I just bought an 07 Crew Cab 4wd and am upgrading to TRD wheels (assuming by eBay bid holds up). I also like the look of the "Offroad" decal and will probably join you in the poseur club.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
TRD parts sells the real thing on their Web site. A little more pricey than the vinyl ones on eBay, but at least the decal will be genuine! I'm thinking od doing the same thing. I just bought an 07 Crew Cab 4wd and am upgrading to TRD wheels (assuming by eBay bid holds up). I also like the look of the "Offroad" decal and will probably join you in the poseur club.
I'm putting the FJ Cruiser TRD anthracite-colored wheels on my 07 4wd Crew. Is that the wheelset you're slapping on?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yeah, I wish I could afford the FJ wheels. I'm "stepping up" to the basic TRD offroad wheels with BFG tires (one man's trash is another man's treasure). I'm running stock steelies right now with 245/75/16's, so anything will be a vast improvement over that.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Yeah, I wish I could afford the FJ wheels. I'm "stepping up" to the basic TRD offroad wheels with BFG tires (one man's trash is another man's treasure). I'm running stock steelies right now with 245/75/16's, so anything will be a vast improvement over that.
please tell me where you are finding the TRD Offroad wheels for cheaper than the FJ wheels...

the FJ wheels are 570 shipped to my door...I haven't seen the offroads for less than a little more for 500+ shipping from a private person which is gonna be a little more pricey

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
please tell me where you are finding the TRD Offroad wheels for cheaper than the FJ wheels...

the FJ wheels are 570 shipped to my door...I haven't seen the offroads for less than a little more for 500+ shipping from a private person which is gonna be a little more pricey
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
What he's refering to as TRD offroads are available as an upgrade (400.00MSRP) on any steel wheel equipped SR5 PreRunner/4wd, but I guess people call them TRD wheels since they are are included on the offroad pkg. There are quite a few non TRD Tacoma's running around with these wheels so they should be easy to locate one. I have talked to several people who would rather have the FJ version and have read someone on here state they would rather have them, so see if you can find someone who wants the FJ's enough to trade even plus pay for the swap. You would still be in the same price range and if the other person likes the wheels and pays for the labor it will work out just fine. I actually like the factory supplied wheels slightly better than the FJ versions, but that is a minority opinion, as most like the FJ's better, and would love to swap. It's too bad Toyota chose only these wheels to sell as an accessory with caps and lug nuts for such a good price and all the others are wreck replacement parts sold bare for insuance co prices.
EDIT: there is prob someone out there who would like to have your 17's...

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'll be ditching my stock steelies and 245's in the next couple of weeks if anyone is insterested. They'll have under 1,000 miles on them. Probably put them on eBay and see what happens.

Oh ... I ended up buying some MB Motoring wheels from discount tire and will be putting on 265/70 Yoko Geo all terrains. Next step will be the 2.5" Toytec lift.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts