Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanted to start a thread showing my truck being blacked out. I'm still on the fence about the look but I can always take it back to chrome. My friends think i'm crazy but I like my truck to be different then other tundras.

So far debadged it, added color matched door handles, powder coated JTI wheels, Black Limited Mirrors and black on black TRD Decal.

Hopefully next month is the stepbars, black headlight mod, and satoshi grill.

Get better pics when I can find the memory card for my camera....

Attachments

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: White and Chrome too White and Black

I was back in the 90's. Spent most my time at the brown bagger and amy's playhouse :)

·
Registered
135 Posts

I think the black on white looks pretty sharp. I'm not a big fan of chrome. Definitely the color-matched handles and the BHLM would look really nice (IMO) on a white truck.

·
Registered
77 Posts

Did any of the badges leave holes in the body, or were they all held on by double sided tape? I was thinking about doing an all Black and White Theme as well. I have a 2010 Tundra CrewMax, but I have the chrome bumper and grille. Did you get your bumpers painted, or did they come like that?

·
Registered
482 Posts

I'd color key the rear bumper and mirror caps white and remove the TRD decal. Leave the rims black. Looks good though!

·
Registered
135 Posts

I'd color key the rear bumper and mirror caps white and remove the TRD decal. Leave the rims black. Looks good though!
Can you color-key the rear bumper while maintaining the towing package (I thought sport/appearance bumper required removal of the towing package rear-hitch)?

·
Registered
365 Posts

ahh yes the white and black look.... i call it the storm trooper look :laser: i see it a lot with the white tacoma's

·
Registered
482 Posts

Can you color-key the rear bumper while maintaining the towing package (I thought sport/appearance bumper required removal of the towing package rear-hitch)?
Well, I actually meant that to just paint the chrome bumper and mirror caps white.

·
Registered
753 Posts

Did any of the badges leave holes in the body, or were they all held on by double sided tape? I was thinking about doing an all Black and White Theme as well. I have a 2010 Tundra CrewMax, but I have the chrome bumper and grille. Did you get your bumpers painted, or did they come like that?
They're all taped on.

-Tim

·
Registered
916 Posts

Nothing looks cleaner than a blacked out white truck. My old truck was like that, and my Tundra will be too. You need to tint them windows dark too.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Thanks. I did remove the old decal for a few days and thought it looked more like a work truck. Thats why I added them. Once the truck is all blacked out I might remove them.

Well, I actually meant that to just paint the chrome bumper and mirror caps white.
Gonna powder coat the rear bumper white. If I can find another set of limited mirrors for cheap I'll try that.

·
Premium Member
52 Posts

i think there is a different hitch for the sport appearence package. i saw where someone on here had painted the chrome bumper to match the body, looked really good. Big bump on the Super White bro!

·
Registered
753 Posts

i think there is a different hitch for the sport appearence package. i saw where someone on here had painted the chrome bumper to match the body, looked really good. Big bump on the Super White bro!
Sport appearance pkg actually includes (technically doesn't include) "tow pkg delete" which means no hitch at all, and no trans cooler or guage.

-Tim

·
Registered
4,610 Posts

white truck with no chrome = company work truck. millions of them, they don't stand out

·
Premium Member
414 Posts

I have been looking at the black rims for my white 2010. I just has it's own attitude when set up like that. Here in the south, we are starting to get a lot of trucks bkacked out completely and they look great. Tough tude.........

·
Registered
9 Posts

I am considering putting flat black(unpainted) OE style fender flares on my white DC but havent been able to find any pics of such a combination. if anyone has such on their rig could they please post a couple of pics? it would be greatly appreciated :)

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Registered
9 Posts

yes i have seen those pics and i like the pocket style flares as well, however I do not plan on lifting my truck anytime soon so i dont think ill be going with those kind of flares. once again pics of OE style fender flares black on white with no major lift, would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

yes i have seen those pics and i like the pocket style flares as well, however I do not plan on lifting my truck anytime soon so i dont think ill be going with those kind of flares. once again pics of OE style fender flares black on white with no major lift, would be greatly appreciated.
You would have better luck finding pics if you started your own thread. More people would see what your looking for.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts