Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may have been covered someplace else and I tried a search but came up empty. Why the white roof? Does it have anything to do with keeping he interior cooler? Just curious.

·
Registered
12 Posts
It's part of the "retro" look. The old FJ40's all had white roofs. I like the idea and I'm sure it's cooler in the summer. It would be nice if it were optional though for people that like the solid color instead of the two tone.

GR8WHT

·
Registered
228 Posts
Yep, just goes with the retro look. I suspect that by 08 or 09 model year they'll offer a monochrome version.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Down here in the south, the white roof is agreat feature, when you consider the blazing sun baking your vehicle. With white roof and the windows cracked, it takes much less time to cool it off once I get in to drive.

·
Registered
699 Posts
I wish I could of got a coulor keyed roof I hate the way the white looks unless it's parked beside my white Tundra!:D

·
Registered
5 Posts
Pshh, I have an FJ. And that white roof definitely does nothing to keep the heat out.

Well, that's probably because my truck is black.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Buying a black truck in Mobile is asking for it. That'll be like a mini-bake oven in the summer.

On another note, when the windows are cracked(an absolute necessity during summer down here), rain gets all over the interior of the car. I had the FJ for about 5 hours last August when a brief rainstorm passed over while my windows were cracked. I looked like water ballons had exploded inside the truck. Fortunately everything is rubber, so I just wiped it down.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I had a german VW engineer prove to me that paint color makes no difference, it is all interior color. This is regardless of what makes sense or what we think we feel.
Also, I have seen many FJs with color matched roofs...looks great!
See the TRD package FJ..all Black.

·
Registered
5 Posts
That is very true.
But I didn't wanna get the blue or the yellow because they're very gaudy looking. And I didn't get the silve because I didn't like it.
The color I really wanted was the black cherry, but they didn't have it on the lot. So I stuck with black.
Which now I like it better than the black cherry.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I think a white roof is cooler. The yellow school busses here in the valley have their roofs painted white. It has to be because of the heat.

·
Registered
33 Posts
And personally, I don't care if white reduces the heat or not. Just as long as it feels like it I'm happy :)
Trading in my 06 Tacoma TRD tomorrow for a Black Cherry loaded FJ. Got bored...

I think a white roof is cooler. The yellow school busses here in the valley have their roofs painted white. It has to be because of the heat.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The white roof is just part of the "retro" look to the FJ.. just like the rest of the ride. Oh and Hello to the group being this my first post.. and a big thumbs up to Toyota for bringing the FJ back.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts