Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Every Toyota/Lexus has a number stamped on the top of the rad cradle. This is how they identify the vehicle in the plant. The first Tundra made at the newTexas plant would have 00001 stamped in the support that houses the radiator.
It would be impressive if someone on the forum had a truck with a number below 00100 . Lets hear the lowest number! If you're not sure if your Tundra was made in Indiana or Texas then look at the sticker either on the front door or door jam.

·
Registered
338 Posts
I bought mine in Austin #331 of the assembly line

·
Registered
251 Posts
Every Toyota/Lexus has a number stamped on the top of the rad cradle. This is how they identify the vehicle in the plant. The first Tundra made at the newTexas plant would have 00001 stamped in the support that houses the radiator.
It would be impressive if someone on the forum had a truck with a number below 00100 . Lets hear the lowest number! If you're not sure if your Tundra was made in Indiana or Texas then look at the sticker either on the front door or door jam.
My Tex built truck is 29506....

·
Registered
21 Posts
You guys want the REAL info?:)

Texas built trucks started at 20001.
Our plant manager has that truck.....it's a silver 4.7 C Cab
To confuse things in the future the number rolls over when we get to 39999, back to 20000......so SOON.....someone might get a 20000 but it will NOT be the first one off the line......sorry:)

There is a 0001(only 4 digits) in our lobby.
The first sixty vehicles will never see a dealership(for use at the plant and for managers, TMS commercials etc.)

Your Deck also has a number stamp on it on the passenger side up front on what we call the front post. It will start with a "2" and then have (usually) the same number that is stamped on the radiator support.

I think Indiana trucks start at 40000 and roll over at 59999.

·
Registered
21 Posts
TNK

is it "26961"...... if so, Texas......number 6961 off the line

also Texas is the only plant making the B Cabs and the 8.1 ft deck.....so if you have one......it came from TMMTX.

Indiana will make the D Cabs first....Texas will follow.

·
Registered
357 Posts
TNK

also Texas is the only plant making the B Cabs and the 8.1 ft deck.....so if you have one......it came from TMMTX.

Hey I was told my truck was built at tmmtx today Monday. Hope you treated it right. (8242) nautical blue, 5.7, sr5, nav, running boards, deck rail and sliding rear window. I am sure you remember it, if you get a chance, throw in some of the limited's upgrades before it hits the truck heading for California, come on, nobody will know.

·
Banned
888 Posts
Cool deal,Thank You
You work at the plant? or have access to who does the final steps like putting on all the stickers that are all over the trucks ?
Mine was missing one and I would like to get it to complete my folder of documentation.

PLMK

TNK

·
Registered
21 Posts
mainliner,

I'll see what I can do:)

I'll check and see where we are in the build in the morning......I'll see if "they" told you correctly. I'm not sure who is giving out these numbers as I do not think TMS has knowledge of the body numbers that we use(numbers are not set in stone). BUT......I'll check and compare that description to what "8242" actually is and see if it matches(I highly doubt it). Has anyone that has received one of these numbers compared it to their VIN? Is the 8242 part of the VIN number? I'd be curious to see......
AND.......of course we will take care of you man!

TNK.....I'm an engineer in the weld shop. no stickers in weld.....what exactly are you looking for?

·
Registered
73 Posts
In the VIN, if the last eight read 7X00xxxx, then it's Texas built. If it's 7S4xxxxx, then it's an Indiana truck. You can also tell by the first 3 of the VIN. 5TB is Indiana and 5TF is Texas

·
Registered
357 Posts
mainliner,

I'll see what I can do:)

I'll check and see where we are in the build in the morning......I'll see if "they" told you correctly. I'm not sure who is giving out these numbers as I do not think TMS has knowledge of the body numbers that we use(numbers are not set in stone). BUT......I'll check and compare that description to what "8242" actually is and see if it matches(I highly doubt it). Has anyone that has received one of these numbers compared it to their VIN? Is the 8242 part of the VIN number? I'd be curious to see......
AND.......of course we will take care of you man!

TNK.....I'm an engineer in the weld shop. no stickers in weld.....what exactly are you looking for?
sorry 8242 is the model number. It is at the processing plant now and could be there for up to a week, as I am told, but hopefully they are moving quickly out of there. Thanks for the information about the plant.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts