Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like the title says, have you run a 275/20/17 tire on the stock 17" tundra wheel? What was your lift? Did you use wheel spacers? Any rubbing? I am planning on 5100s up front on the 4th notch for 2" of lift and a 1.5" AAL with 5100s in back. I don't think a 275/70/17 will rub, but want to be sure.

Thanks in advance.
Jon

·
Registered
469 Posts
Yep...I have 275/70-17's with a 2" Rev Tek lift on stock 17" wheels. No spacers needed, no rub, no issues. I believe this is the largest tire you can run before you have to start using spacers. I would love to run some 285/70-17's simply due to tire availability but from what I understand you will have to run spacers. Has anybody been able to run 285's without spacers on stock rims?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have 285/70/17 with 5100's on the front and rear AAL and diff drop. No problems, no spacers needed. Here is a picture of what it looks like
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y215/Martin_tag/DSC_0153-1.jpg
Now i think my front is a little high on the 4th notch, i will either bring the front down or raise the back, still not sure.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Yep...I have 275/70-17's with a 2" Rev Tek lift on stock 17" wheels. No spacers needed, no rub, no issues. I believe this is the largest tire you can run before you have to start using spacers.

B64,

What make are you using?? Are they E rated??

Gas Can

·
Registered
469 Posts
I have 285/70/17 with 5100's on the front and rear AAL and diff drop. No problems, no spacers needed. Here is a picture of what it looks like
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y215/Martin_tag/DSC_0153-1.jpg
Now i think my front is a little high on the 4th notch, i will either bring the front down or raise the back, still not sure.
Do you have stock upper control arms? If so, how much clearance do you have between the upper control arm and the tire. It is pretty tight running the 275's.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Yep...I have 275/70-17's with a 2" Rev Tek lift on stock 17" wheels. No spacers needed, no rub, no issues. I believe this is the largest tire you can run before you have to start using spacers.

B64,

What make are you using?? Are they E rated??

Gas Can
Goodyear Wrangler's ATS. Not sure the load rating but not "E" rated for sure. Tires came on truck when I bought it. Never had any experience with Goodyear Wranglers but pleasantly surprised by how smooth and quiet they are. Treadwear seems excellent also.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
TAG408:

I am surprised you don't have any rake with the AAL in back (how high is it?) and the 5100s in front on the 4th notch. That should be only 2inches of lift in front? Did you replace the rear shocks? I am guessing they are stock.

Thoughts?
Thanks,
Jon

·
Registered
11 Posts
@Barron 64 - Everything is stock on my truck except the mod is discussed. i have plenty of clearance right not, i haven't measured but i have no issue, rubbing or anything other.

@Jmeyer - I have the 5100's all around front and rear. with the AAL and diff drop. To me the front sits higher although in that pic the truck is parked in a slight angle. I am still not happy with the rear. So i am either going to drop a notch in the front or get 1" blocks in the back. I did have to take out the mud flaps in the front cause they were rubbing. The front 4th notch give you 2.5" of lift.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Tag408:
Got it. I will go on the 3rd notch for 2" of lift. I should not have rubbing with the 275/70s.

Thanks,
Jon

·
Registered
64 Posts
Tag408:
Got it. I will go on the 3rd notch for 2" of lift. I should not have rubbing with the 275/70s.
3rd notch will actually give just under 1.5" of lift. Based offTag408's 4th notch pic, the 3rd setting will get you closer to level...

I did not do anything to rear. Still need new rubber, and currently planning 275/70 17's

·
Registered
469 Posts
@Barron 64 - Everything is stock on my truck except the mod is discussed. i have plenty of clearance right not, i haven't measured but i have no issue, rubbing or anything other.

@Jmeyer - I have the 5100's all around front and rear. with the AAL and diff drop. To me the front sits higher although in that pic the truck is parked in a slight angle. I am still not happy with the rear. So i am either going to drop a notch in the front or get 1" blocks in the back. I did have to take out the mud flaps in the front cause they were rubbing. The front 4th notch give you 2.5" of lift.
Just realized you have aftermarket rims. Your off-set is probably better than the stock 17's giving you more clearance. Looking for somebody who is running 285/70-17's on stock wheels, no spacer, and 2" lift. Not sure if you can get the 285's to work without spacers.

Put some 1" blocks in the rear and it will level your truck out. You may not have to change the front 5100's if you put the blocks in the rear. I put the 5100's on my bro-in-laws 01 AC 4x4, highest position on front and 1" blocks in rear. Looks good and sets level.

·
Registered
91 Posts
i have a question i ordered the bilstein 5100 front and rear i am getting them istalled tommorrow i got 285/70/17 and procomp wheels.my ? is will my truck sit like the grey one here or will it be level i want to get the block if i need it b4 i do everything.

·
Registered
469 Posts
i have a question i ordered the bilstein 5100 front and rear i am getting them istalled tommorrow i got 285/70/17 and procomp wheels.my ? is will my truck sit like the grey one here or will it be level i want to get the block if i need it b4 i do everything.
Put some blocks in the rear if you want it to set level. Check out wheelers.com

1 - 14 of 14 Posts