Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2001 4x4 SR5 here with 81,000 miles, so I'm not really a contender.

The truck has had the brake recall along with muffler, transfer case, and skid control computer replacements. I'm thinking it's probably good for a lot more miles unless some sensor starts acting up. Using full synthetic in engine/trans/differentials.

Anybody got 120k+ on theirs?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've got a 2001 Limited 4x4 with 149467 as of this morning....

Still drives great!

Basically no issues, I do the normal 30k maint. Change the oil every 5K and rotate the tires. I'm on the third set of Michellan LTX's and the last set lasted almost 90K. My mechanic couldn't believe it!

The only issue I've had is that one headlight is loose and the side light is as well. I'm working on that so if there are any ideas, let me know.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nathanho, you're going to be hard to beat. I hope congratulations aren't premature:D

Any VSC or other major unsheduled issues/maintenance?

·
Registered
122 Posts
I have 161,000 on my Sequoia Limited. Two sets of brakes, three sets of Michelin tires, one cam belt and that is it! Not even a burned out light! Nada, Zilch.. And much of my time is spent off-highway at coal mines, many times with mud up to the front bumpers.. So, it has not been an easy life for my Sequoia...
And still not one squeak or rattle and the doors shut the same as the day I bought it...
The Jeep GC I had before the Sequoia had 100,000 miles on it, same usage, and felt as though I was guiding 1,000 seperate parts down the highway... The Sequoia, like it was chiseled out of one piece of steel..... What a spoiler..
Thousand watt stereo system, 7th heaven. Don't know what I am going to do for a follow-on as hate to trade for the same vehicle; thinking of a Lexus 470..
With Levinson sound....
George Morrison

·
Registered
166 Posts
02 SR5 128K miles. Brake TSB, Oil Pressure sensor TSB, Ball joint recall. Second set of tires, third set of brakes, new timing belt. Averaging 20mpg highway, mixed driving 17mpg. :)

·
Registered
223 Posts
104,000 miles on my wife's 2002 SR5.

- Brake TSB
- Ball Joint Recall
- Timing Belt and Water Pump Service
- Almost ready for the fourth tire change (OEM BStones, Mich XTerrain, BFG LongTrails), probably going back to Michelin and try the LTX
- DId a tranny flush @ 50K, will do another in January.
- 3rd set of front brake pads
- 3rd set off front rotors (2nd were free from Brake TSB)
- 2nd set of rear brake pads
- 1 cracked door handle
- 1 rear window motor replaced (currently dead again or just stuck)
- 1 power antenna (carwash victim)
- front passenger window (victim of a purse snatcher who got away)
- passenger side mirror (victim of wife speedily squeezing through closing mechanical gate)

... and I think that's it. As far as I'm concerned, the truck still drives like new.... except for a whirring sound the steering wheel started to make around the dash area. I wonder what that is... anyone???

·
Registered
2 Posts
2002 limited with 265,000 miles finally changed front struts ,2 timing belts 3 sets of tires, front brakes 4 times, rears for the 2nd time this week.
shooting for 500,000. and averaging 18.1 mpg.
use only mobile one
amazing

·
Registered
799 Posts
Nice!
I'm up to 240k miles on a 02'. I did a lot of towing with it so I ended up replacing brakes several times. Replaced a caliper, rotors twice, and an ignition coil, rear hatch handle twice and latch once.
Just ordered shocks for it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
01 limited 4x4 156,000 miles

5k oil changes with mobile one synthetic and Filtermag
Toyota true 4 battery
Thermo quiet Pads all around
New front Brake rotors, and synthetic fluids
Mobile one synthetic grease at all fittings, every oil change

Runs like a top, i love my sequoia!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have 161,000 on my Sequoia Limited. Two sets of brakes, three sets of Michelin tires, one cam belt and that is it! Not even a burned out light! Nada, Zilch.. And much of my time is spent off-highway at coal mines, many times with mud up to the front bumpers.. So, it has not been an easy life for my Sequoia...
And still not one squeak or rattle and the doors shut the same as the day I bought it...
The Jeep GC I had before the Sequoia had 100,000 miles on it, same usage, and felt as though I was guiding 1,000 seperate parts down the highway... The Sequoia, like it was chiseled out of one piece of steel..... What a spoiler..
Thousand watt stereo system, 7th heaven. Don't know what I am going to do for a follow-on as hate to trade for the same vehicle; thinking of a Lexus 470..
With Levinson sound....
George Morrison
Way late to the discussion. But 235k 09 Ltd and still going !!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
04 RWD SR5 with 265k. 2 timing belts, water pump, struts, 5+ brake jobs, radiator, electric AC fan, 1 latch repair, rear pass side hub seal, trans oil change, new sparks, reg oil changes every 4-5k with semi-syn mobile one. Current maintenance concerns: driveline yoke seal leak (very slow), and rear main seal leak (I think... see my post!). Had it 4 years now, bought used at 215k for $3k from original owner.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts