Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 223 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just rolled over 100,000 miles a few months ago.

Anyone here with 200,000 or more and does it have many costly repairs?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice Jonny!

We have the same year model Sequoia. I'm looking forward for another 100,000 miles of trouble-free driving.

The one major repair that I was mostly to blame for and regret was a shot transmission at around 75,000 miles. I should have had at least 2 trans. fluid changes in that interval but I hadn't.

Now I religiously do a trans. fluid change every 30,000 miles.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Nice Jonny!

We have the same year model Sequoia. I'm looking forward for another 100,000 miles of trouble-free driving.

The one major repair that I was mostly to blame for and regret was a shot transmission at around 75,000 miles. I should have had at least 2 trans. fluid changes in that interval but I hadn't.

Now I religiously do a trans. fluid change every 30,000 miles.
Only issue I have had was the transfer case, and a bearing on the transmission to transfer case. Forget which exact bearing it was...

PO had issues with windows/locks but nothing major. I will drive this thing until it will drive no more :tu: Good luck sir,

Jonny

·
Registered
3 Posts
238,000 miles on a 2001, original owner. Have replaced brakes many times, rear window stopped working multiple times, rear door handle 3 times (last time with the metal version), high beam indicator inoperative (according to TSB EL007-01 we are one of the "rare cases" ;-), drive indicator inopertive, numerous plastic trim pieces broken off, probably due to the Texas heat. We had an O2 emissions sensor fail. We are fighting a set of electrical problems introduced when we replaced the rear door handle. I plan to post that on another thread. I would buy another Sequoia if they offer a clean-burning diesel option.

·
Registered
12 Posts
'02 192,000 miles. Runs super clean. Just replaced timing belt and first time replacing water pump. Just fixed my rear window over the weekend. Super stoked that it's working again. Knew about the fix a year ago, but just finally attempted it with great success.

Thanks Tundra Solutions!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am picking up my "new" sequoia tomorrow night. 2003 Limited with 131,000. Miles don't bother me on Toyota's...had 278,000 on my 88 4-Runner before some idiot pulled out in front of me and I t-Boned him. I'd be driving it with 450,000 on it if he hadn't one that. This sequoia hsas all service records from the one owner before me, timing belt and water pump just replaced before he traded it in and the rear window was repaired at dealer before they put it up for sale. I can't wait!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Only about 135,000 miles here on an '03 SR5. Just bought it as a family vacation vehicle for long road trips and camping trips. Couldn't have guessed the miles if I hadn't seen the odometer (I'd have guessed it was not new because the Drive light is out. Otherwise...). If the mechanicals hold up as well as the interior then this beast should last us for many years.

·
Registered
12 Posts
173k on my 02. Thing still looks new, previous (original) owner must have cleaned it with a qtip weekly. Mechanic said it looks new underneath. I love it! (problems: typical rear window - fixed free, door handle broken $12, drive indicator light out, speaker blown - thats all!)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Oh wow! I'm glad to read all of these responses! My '04 will have 100k within the next 6 months or so. No major mechanical issues to speak of, although it still shakes even after having new rotors put on, new brakes, and an alignment. About the only thing wrong cosmetically is that the paint is severely oxidized and the black molding around the windows is trashed out from sitting in the driveway for about a year because we had our pop-up camper in the garage. I finally fixed the back window problem tonight after finding instructions here and my husband helped. I'm working on a punch list now that includes the "D" indicator light and programming a new key/fob.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Just purchased mine with 160K. Serviced at Dealer, just did all the major necessary things. Including:
Front/Rear/Transfer Case – 75/90 Toyota Synthetic
Plugs – NGK Platinum
ATF – Mobil 1 Drain/Fill 4.5qts
Power Steering – Mobil 1 ATF
Idler Pulley – Dayco 89154
Goodyear Gatorback Belt – Serpentine
Tires – Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armor
Cleaned Throttle Body
Replaced Homelink bulbs/Drive bulb
Batteries in Remotes reprogram etc.
2 New Master Keys
4W Alignment - Goodyear
I'm curious if I should replace the handle with a metal one, or just buy one for when it breaks. I'm under the impression that if you keep the latch lubed up well, that it should be fine, even though it's plastic.

·
Registered
11 Posts
145K, 4x4 limited, lifted on 33"s. Doing a timing belt and high output starter this week. Runs great and regularly take it to the beach or out mudding.

·
Registered
193 Posts
223,600 here on a 2001. I just replaced my timing belt for the 2nd time. I have had quite a few repairs, but not unreasonable.
fuel injector
radiator
ripped steering boot
rear latch
replace foam cup holder pieces and rubber pieces
replace rear axle seals, gear lube on sensors was causing ABS lockup problem
shocks and struts
relocate fuel injector ground wire
several brake jobs and typical maintenance
Very happy. Will probably buy another Sequoia, but not anytime soon:)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Last week, I bought an '06 with 88,000 miles. I had hoped to get one with 50K or less, but I've been tracking availability for several weeks with no luck, the price was right on this one, and -- as someone above mentioned -- mileage on Toyotas isn't all that bad (at least, not in my experience; inlaws went over 300,000K before their daughter/my wife wrecked the car). The used car dealer offered an extended 150,000 warranty for a reasonable price, so I got that.

The first thing I did was take it to the Toyata dealer (different from the used car dealer where I bought the vehicle) to look it over for any obvious issues and get me on a maintenance schedule. Dealer gave it an A+ on mechanics and recommended that I do the 90,000 maintenance, which I did. That was expensive, but I'm glad to be starting fresh.

So far, so good, although the car did "jolt" or "kick" while idling yesterday. It just happened once and wasn't severe, but it was noticeable and seemed to be transmission-related. I'm going to keep an eye on that.

I'm also going to try to figure out how to add an AUX line. Unless I'm missing something, the after-market products that provide an AUX line all appear to be about as expensive or more expensive than a new, lower-end stereo with an AUX line built in, so I may just get a new stereo. Anyway, I saw a few threads on here about that topic, so I'll search before I ask for help.

1 - 20 of 223 Posts