Toyota Tundra Forums banner

201 - 209 of 209 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
2004 SR5 2WD with 2.5" lift spacers, 17x9 eagle alloys, flowmaster cat back exhaust with resonator deleted. 138k miles. Replaced timing belt, water pump and sparkplugs at 100k. Rear door latch twice since bought with 66k miles in 2011. Have learned to be gentle with it now. Repaired blown front speaker surrounds. Thanks SimplySpeakers! Disabled power antenna after it started grinding. Replaced failed prior owner installed AVIC-N1 stereo with new Pioneer Bluetooth cd combo. New headlamps in 2018. Replaced 2nd row seat with $50 junkyard find after cat had accident on it. Just replaced leaking coolant o-ring, required to remove intake manifold for access. Doesn't burn oil or knock. Runs like a champ and expect to keep for many more years.

·
Registered
2002 Toyota Sequoia SR5 4WD
4 Posts
Just hit 252k on my '02 SR5. Purchased off the original owner who maintained it religiously, and I am continuing that tradition, while trying to have a bit of fun with it as well. It still runs/drives perfectly, is clean as hell inside and out, and does surprisingly well off-road completely stock. Won't be completely stock for much longer though, if finances hold :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
This is an old thread, but I wanted to hop in and see how folks are doing with their trucks. I have a 2005 sequoia limited with 335,000 miles. I am original owner. Mostly highway miles. Changed timing and serpentine belts 2 years ago. Besides a radiator swap, I’ve done routine maintenance on it. I think I did a strut or two also. She is running very well. A bit loud on startup compared to my husbands virtually silent Chevy Volt. The only issue I have is the very obvious loud automatic vehicle height adjustment on startup.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Last week, I bought an '06 with 88,000 miles. I had hoped to get one with 50K or less, but I've been tracking availability for several weeks with no luck, the price was right on this one, and -- as someone above mentioned -- mileage on Toyotas isn't all that bad (at least, not in my experience; inlaws went over 300,000K before their daughter/my wife wrecked the car). The used car dealer offered an extended 150,000 warranty for a reasonable price, so I got that.

The first thing I did was take it to the Toyata dealer (different from the used car dealer where I bought the vehicle) to look it over for any obvious issues and get me on a maintenance schedule. Dealer gave it an A+ on mechanics and recommended that I do the 90,000 maintenance, which I did. That was expensive, but I'm glad to be starting fresh.

So far, so good, although the car did "jolt" or "kick" while idling yesterday. It just happened once and wasn't severe, but it was noticeable and seemed to be transmission-related. I'm going to keep an eye on that.

I'm also going to try to figure out how to add an AUX line. Unless I'm missing something, the after-market products that provide an AUX line all appear to be about as expensive or more expensive than a new, lower-end stereo with an AUX line built in, so I may just get a new stereo. Anyway, I saw a few threads on here about that topic, so I'll search before I ask for help.

·
Registered
2 Posts
What ever happened with that kick when you where idling ? I only ask because that just happened to me yesterday.

201 - 209 of 209 Posts