Toyota Tundra Forums banner

221 - 225 of 225 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
consider yourself lucky. Somehow I shorted out my electrical system and initially it was going to be $1400 but as they kept changing parts out, they found out other parts were shorted. Ended being $3800. Electrical issues are a nightmare.
Awe man. That’s brutal. Electrical scares the hell out of my because I don’t know a thing about it. The shop did me right. Replaced a bunch of old corroded bolts underneath at the same time. Running and shifting like a champ now.

·
Registered
1 Posts
300,280 pretty proud of her , I will take this motor till the end though . I will take some pics of her and post it up . She’s an OEM whore . Rwd, 2004 sr5 . Have had her since new . Has been a dealer baby all her life .

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just got 2008 limited w/ 233,000 miles feels good and drives great but. When i looked under the vehicle it had transmission fluid leaking, freaked me out and took it to a mom and pop shop to investigate the problem. They told me i needed a new transmission or it was in early stages of going out because the guy couldn't put it in reverse. I told them to just top off the fluid that leaked out and took it to another shop that my wife mentioned to me before. He replaced the extension housing seal, then noticed it was leaking from slip yoke, so i put some high temp silicon to stop the leak. So far no leak in Tranny and I know there is a seal in the transmission that keeps fluid from reaching the slip yoke but not sure how much that would be to fix. other than that has been 4 weeks now and no leaks and no signs of anything wrong with the transmission at all, I can reverse and go forward all day, when idle i switch gears back and forth with no issues, next I will have the same mechanic drop the pan and do a fluid change no flush. anywho the mechanic told me it looks like a great vehicle no other issues, I feel i got screwed from the mom and pop shop i paid $200 for their 160 point inspeciton and top off of transmission fluid which was half a quart.

221 - 225 of 225 Posts