Toyota Tundra Forums banner

61 - 80 of 209 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
2004 Limited 4x4 here. Bought it 15 months ago with 189k. It had it's first timing belt changed at 100k from the previous owner. I had the timing belt changed again at 192k. A little over 201k now and no issues so far.

Oh, I forgot to mention that I changed the spark plugs the week after I bought it and most of them looked like they were the original plugs with barely any electrodes left :)

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
87k on a 2003. Not many by Toyota standards! Look forward to tripling that.

I'm the 2nd owner (bought it from my dad). I did new front rotors and pads last spring, timing belt, water pump and spark plugs. It's had 5k oil changes with Mobil1 it's whole life. M1 synthetic in gears, transmission and T-case as well. Only unscheduled problem was VSC sensor module in console. Other than that, been a great family truckster.

·
Registered
933 Posts
I am considering a 01-03 Sequoia and looking at a few. One has 283,000 miles. A little afraid of it, but owner says it needs nothing mechanically. Also found one priced $1900 higher (with 147,000 miles) - same year, same color, but it is an SR5.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Finally, my first post / reply to post.. We have had our '03 Limited for 6 years now. We are the 3rd owner and purchased with 162k on her. We are only a couple of hundred away from breaking 250,000 kms. We have replaced the manifolds twice in the last 2-1/2 years and now the catalytic converter is gone. We live in Calgary and haul trailer(s) in and around the Rockies - no problem. We really love our Sequoia and we take care of her. She's still tight in the steering, and rides pretty well as I expect this frame to respond. I expect her to last another 250k - as long as I can keep the kids away from it!

·
Registered
21 Posts
For my 2001 Limited 4x4, 204k miles and counting. Only think had to do so far is oil changes, Valve cover gaskets, replaced two o2 sensors, and standard maintenance. Been all over the Southeast in the truck with family and heavy loads and the truck is just...great!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Just picked up om '02 yesterday. Apparently it was a DEA seizure. It's got 144k miles on it now. On Nov 2013 it had 89k. The AC blower doesn't work, any one have any ideas?
Only paid $500 for it, so not a bad deal. I also have an '03 Tundra with 118k, love the 4.7 engine.

·
Registered
419 Posts
64,000 on my newly purchased 07 Limited, and everyone thinks it's brand new because it's so clean :). Lots of miles ahead for this one :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just rolled over 360,000 miles. I am wondering when enough is enough. Still running, but rust is taking its toll. It is a 2001. I cannot remember all of the repairs, but a tranny at 160k. The engine is the original with no major work done. Countless break jobs. Just about everything has been replaced once. Still, I would buy another when the time is right.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Wife's 06 SR5 has 106K miles on the clock. Reliable but thirsty. My son loves "The Beast". Green LEDs on the door lights and license plate bulbs makes him go bananas. Good fun. Put new shocks/struts on at 100K miles. It was time. Not a fan of the "lifetime" transmission. Had it fully drained and serviced at 65K miles and plan on doing that again at @ 130K miles. Solid truck. Looking forward to more years in The Beast.

·
Registered
5 Posts
A 2001 Limited with 297,800 miles. All stock, though I had the overdrive rebuilt at 198,000, and the ABS unit replaced at 270,000. Getting about 16 mpg combined in L.A. No rust, but the truck sure does rattle more now (but that could be the trail and off road use). I am currently looking for a brake upgrade kit because I'm sick of turning rotors every 12000 miles. It has taken us tent camping from Anza Borrego CA to Jasper, Alberta and as far east as St Louis, Mo. My daughter who is 10 wants to drive it when she is of age. I am beginning to believe that just might be possible.

·
Registered
20 Posts
199,457miles on a 2001, original owner.

The rear stereo AMP died first just outside of warranty and haven't found a fix including replacing the amps, have replaced brakes many times and did the TSB Caliper change myself, front O2 sensor, transmission died at 100k, rear window stopped working once but fixed easily and now I make sure to run it up/down when I gas up, rear door handle 2 times (last time with the metal version at the stealer), and the full $3k ABS/VSC repairs with new brake booster, ABS valve body and a faulty sensor in right rear wheel.
I would buy another Sequoia tomorrow, great vehicle,

·
Registered
3 Posts
My 2003 Ltd now has over 329,000 and rolling. Just started to leak a bit of oil at the valve cover gaskets but other than that (and the frame recall) nothing but typical maintenance. I only run 100% synthetic oil!

·
Registered
7 Posts
214k miles on my '01 Limited 4x4. Timing Belt replaced, Brakes, Rear Window/Door Handle for me as with others. Other than that it's been great, knock on wood!

·
Registered
4 Posts
2005 Limited 4x4 at 152,000 (bought at 133k). I'm the 3rd owner and i've had to replace rear liftgate struts (simple and cheap), unstick the rear glass from the molding to get it to work, repair the JBL front speakers myself, and feed it plenty of gas. Best truck i've owned, easily.

DaxM

·
Registered
460 Posts
Hi everyone,

I just bought a pretty clean 1-owner 2005 Limited that has 233K on the clock. I plan to keep it until Toyota stops making parts for it!

·
Registered
16 Posts
2002 Limited Sequoia 196,000 miles. Replaced the timing belt at 116,000, two broken rear gate handles last one installed is the metal one, starter went out about two weeks ago replaced that (wasn't easy) runs clean and strong plan on keeping it till the wheels fall off!

61 - 80 of 209 Posts