Toyota Tundra Forums banner

101 - 120 of 206 Posts

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
My 2001 has 265,000. The emissions control and some of the aws doesn't work (but i didn't like it anyway). Toyota gave me a new frame! I've also replaced the steering rack. Other than that, mostly trouble free. It's been from coast to coast, mexico to canada, pulled horses, travel trailers, boats. Best car I've ever owned.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello all,
I am the original owner of my 2001 Toyota Sequoia S5. The mileage as of today is 250185. Go Toyota😄😄😄

·
Registered
7 Posts
2006 Limited 4x4 197k on it now. I purchased in January at salvage auction. Ran into a ditch and pushed front wheel into fender. Minor damage only really needed an alignment and wheel was bent. paid $3600 at auction. got about $4500 in it now, led headlights, tinted windows, timing belt and a few other maintenance items. It was dealer service and all the records are on line on the toyota consumer website no major issues just normal service items. It is clean and runs great and had michellin tires all the way around. I love this truck and plan on driving it at least another 5 years or so. Plans for the future, mild lift, bigger wheels and tires. push bar kenwood dvd nav.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Loving my 2001 Sequoia limited. I bought it new and now have 276,000 on it. Normal tires, brakes, timing belts etc. good product over all though and this website has been a savior especially associated with sharing how to's, TSBs, etc,

·
Registered
5 Posts
2006 limited with 207000. Have kept up with regular maintenance. Having issues with rear height control system which has been the first real non maintenance item. 300000 miles was the objective until now.

·
Registered
460 Posts
2006 limited with 207000. Have kept up with regular maintenance. Having issues with rear height control system which has been the first real non maintenance item. 300000 miles was the objective until now.
That's pretty good. 207K with your first unplanned maintenance issue! The rear airbags may be leaking. It has been 10 years, after all.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Bought an '04 Limited with 253K this summer, 260K now. I've worked through all the open maintenance items including timing belt (first one done at 129K) except no heat...didn't check that on a 90* test drive day. Otherwise runs and drives fantastically - previous owner pretty much had done whatever Toyota recommended be done when he took it in...plus upgraded some of the stuff that shows age like installing a Pioneer 4100NEX head unit with backup camera and replacing the front speakers, also having the driver's seat rebuilt and recovered. Colorado truck so no rust.

Definitely looks and feels like a truck from this decade, but without so much of the neutering we get these days on late models.

The bones of these things are great once you deal with the sloppy suspension (finishing SPA UCAs right now and have done 5100's and OME rear coils), so hoping to get to 400K in the next 5-6 years and then we'll see. It's *only* 12 years old :)...I think something well priced at 150K miles could be seen as an investment given the track record of the 2UZ-FE engine...

·
Registered
22 Posts
I bought my 2003 Limited with 98k miles in 2009 and I am just about to hit 230k, I did the timing belt at 100k, and I am overdue to have it changed again, but will do it soon.

Dave

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just clicked over 340K on my 2001 Limited, original owner. I've rebuilt the overdrive at 198K, just recently replaced the steering rack. Still our go to road trip vehicle.

·
Registered
3 Posts
2004 with 152K and going strong... Minor issues only, such as, power antenna mast, oil gauge not functional, drive light burned out, windshield wiper fluid level sensor, rear door handle.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi to All,

Our Sequoia 2001 SR5 just turned 200,000 miles with minor repairs. First owner and is always in the garage, Driven daily here in Michigan. It also flat tows our 89 jeep wrangler to the sand dunes, famous weekend escape destination just about every summer. (northwest side of michigan- Lake Michigan)

We plan to keep this car until it reaches 1 million miles.

We also have few cars with lots of miles in them:
2002 LE corolla 183K miles
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee LTD 115K miles
89 Jeep Wrangler171K miles
94 Corolla 225k miles - gave it away to many cars park in the driveway
2009 Dodge Journey 3.6 AWD SXT 224k-miles, sold after a snowy rollover accident few years back.

Ferd

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have 438000 miles on my 2003 Sequoia and I am the original owner and yes I have fixed the rear door hatch two times and minor basic repairs like the brakes at least 8 to ten times. Overall the best SUV I have ever owned. Hoping to get to 500K in three years. I live on Cape Cod where the winters can be tough and the salt air can cause some minor rust issues. I did have the frame replaced by Toyota a couple of years ago, so no plans to stop driving it. Love my SUV , Patrick from Sandwich MA.

101 - 120 of 206 Posts