Toyota Tundra Forums banner

141 - 160 of 206 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
2002 2Wd from Texas

200,000 miles done timing chain Kit at 180,000.
Replaced brakes all around.
New rad
Magnetic filter on transmission cooler line

Front are notorious for piston seizures. Don’t know why they have 4 of them per caliber.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I just picked up an 04 Limited 4wd with 190k with fresh TB and WP change. I hope that it will last another 200 for me.
It does not drive like it has this many miles at and does not look like it at all.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
2002 Sequoia 212,000. No problems so far, (just regular maintenance) I will be replacing the timing belt for the first time. Not sure if it needs it, but here in the Arizona desert it might be a good idea to just do it.

Hope it can run for another 200,000 after replacing the timing belt.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Just purchased a 2005 limited with 181000 miles went through and did TB,WP, Radiator, as well as all pulleys. Hoping she makes it another 100K.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Did you figure out where the lubricant around the transmission dipstick came from? Mine has the same thing. I was reading the manual and it said that the transmission is filled through the dipstick tube, so maybe it is just a bit of spilled fluid.
Sorry for the super late reply. I haven't been on here in awhile but just recently logged in to ask for help about a big problem I'm having.

Anyway, to answer your question, the cause oil leaking out of the valve cover making its way down there. I got the gasket kit and some of the special Toyota black goop and that solved the problem. Kind of time consuming but not too difficult.

·
Registered
3 Posts
2001 SR5 2WD...238,000 miles.

Bought it with 225K...super clean from Florida...no rust but the leather got a little cooked and the clear coat is about roasted off.

I'm in Wisconsin and will coat the bottom with Hinderrust before the next winter as the frames weren't corrosion proof on these...

I had to do the timing belt/water pump. I was told they were done, but had reason to doubt it...was right...some sketchy stuff going on in Florida...looks like the water pump was replaced once before and instead of getting the gaskets, they just 'caulked' it with silicone. Never seen such a thing.

Towed a 2200 lb car trailer with a 2500 lb car on it for 225 miles through a snow storm...ABS, VSC, Traction Control...it all works.

Like another poster, I have non functional hi beam indicator, 'D' gear indicator...and the fuel gauge works when it wants to, though the DTE indicator seems to be correct (as much as it can be) regardless.

I really like it.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Mine as of when i bought it Friday, 233k. The timing belt looks great, new frame a few months ago (with many other new things while it was being done). 50k more than my LX450 :O

·
Registered
1 Posts
i guess i have pretty high miles on my 257xxx, just did brakes , pads , rotors , springs , other than a lil bit of rust (NJ) she just took her first 700mile trip with no issues whats so ever... love this truck , wish i would have got her earlier. But so far a fan .

·
Registered
933 Posts
I have 275,200 on my '04 Limited 4wd. Southern vehicle, no rust issues. Seems to have been garage a large part of its life, interior still nice as well as the coating on the door window trim and rear pillar trim.

I do live in the upper south, in the mountains, so we do get some salt on the roads every year, but only about 10-15 inches of snow per year. I want to do some kind of rust proof on the frame. Rust is typically not an issue on cars here even in the mountains as we are pretty far south, but since these are prone to rust and mine is out of warranty should the frame rust in the future, I want to take some precautions to preserve it.

Now looking into getting some shocks for a softer ride and my CD player will not play discs and I have discs stuck in there. My only two complaints thus far.

·
Registered
44 Posts
01 SR5 original owner. 266,656 miles.

I don't recall all of the repairs but aside from some door rust and running board rust - the truck is solid.

- new chassis at 175k from Toyota
- too many brake jobs to mention
- new rear shocks / front struts original
- a few door handles and rear latches
- rear window works when it wants to - I think it's a switch in back door that is bad
- Aftermarket DIN unit and sub woofer (so much better)
- timing belt and water pump done @ 145k
- new power steering pump and rack / pinion
- new lower BJ's/tie rods
- new exhaust
- new gas tank
- new parking brake cables
- new radiator and cooling fan
- new master cylinder
- needs new front wiper linkage unit (doin that soon)
- new front and rear 4WD Actuators (ouch on cost there)
- hoping the starter doesn't go - heard that is a 1k job
- only 2 sets of plugs since I have owned it
- power antenna died young - I just stuck a straight rod in there and use SAT anyway
- probably some other tiny things ..

I change the oil religiously at 2.5k Max 50/50 Blend @ Vavoline

·
Registered
1 Posts
2003 SR5 4wd - 247,988 miles -zero (yes, zero...) modifications.

She's broken in now, time to modify... Spent 95% of her life on the highway with normal routine maintenance and absolutely no issues.

And I'm new to forum, hah

141 - 160 of 206 Posts