Toyota Tundra Forums banner

Who here has the most miles on their Sequoia?

174K views 248 replies 187 participants last post by  Tundra Enthusiast 
#1 ·
I just rolled over 100,000 miles a few months ago.

Anyone here with 200,000 or more and does it have many costly repairs?

#77 ·
2005 Limited 4x4 at 152,000 (bought at 133k). I'm the 3rd owner and i've had to replace rear liftgate struts (simple and cheap), unstick the rear glass from the molding to get it to work, repair the JBL front speakers myself, and feed it plenty of gas. Best truck i've owned, easily.

DaxM

#79 ·
Hi everyone,

I just bought a pretty clean 1-owner 2005 Limited that has 233K on the clock. I plan to keep it until Toyota stops making parts for it!

#82 ·
02 Seq. 317,000 miles. Original owner. Going strong.

A couple timing belt- water pumps,
About three rear tailgate handles,
Had tailgate window just about fixed till they said I had to replace the glass and bracket as one- now I don't use rear glass!
Right rear door glass.
many brake jobs
Rear axle bearings
driver side door handle inside cable 2 or three times
pass. side inside cable I think just one time
dealer installed new frame( under recall) tried to get them to buy it but they said no. Had 300,00 miles when they installed new frame
Not bad really, mostly regular stuff

Will keep driving as long as I can. Great truck!

#86 ·
198,000 and counting. Hauled the kids and team mates everywhere on the east coast, pulled my race car from Mt. Tremblant Canada to Sebring and every race track inbetween numerous times. Drove it cross country with my daughter, my sister drove it to Yellowstone, sold it to my son who did the National Park loop x-country after college and then joined the Park Service as a wildland firefighter. He drove it to Wyoming from NJ twice with return loops through CA and lots of fire service roads and two tracks in the Rockies. It never breaks. Usual service including three liftgate handles and three antennas. A little ugly, some rust, but I have it now while he is in AK and it runs great. It is the Steed.

#87 ·
Bought my '02 Sequoia Limited about 6 months ago with 137k on it, it now has 145k. So far nothing major replaced rear brakes, new headlights, new rear door handle, Flowmaster single exhaust, tint, and regular maintenance. I'm gonna be replacing the factory speakers soon. I'm wanting to put a small lift and new wheels and tires on it as well.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive tire Motor vehicle

#92 ·
225k miles on my 2001.
Bought it three years ago with 150k on it,
Since purchasing it I've replaced or upgraded the following:

Brake rotors & pads
Rear lift gate lever, (ready for another)
2.5" Daystar lift / leveling kit.
Front strut n springs
Rear shocks
CV drive axles (both sides)
Sway bar & sway bar links
Upper & Lower Ball joints
Outer Tie rod ends (both sides)
2.5" billet wheel spacers
275/65/16 Goodyear Duratrac tires
16" Custom alloy black wheels
1" Differential Drop kit
Lower control arms (both sides)
After market stereo with Rear DVD Players

I've done all the work myself. There were several times I really had to question why I was doing this work but in the long run, I'd do it again. Actually I'm planning on it with my next Sequoia purchase. My kids and I absolutely love our car. It does not look like any others I've seen up here in Alaska.

#95 ·
2004 SR5 4x4 - The Black Pearl - 235,000 miles - all & only routine maintenance performed since I purchased it several years ago at 45,000 miles.
Here are the details of work done:
-Several Brake Jobs of varying degrees (but everything lasted a long time...)
-One Timing Belt, second scheduled
-Belts, hoses variously replaced as needed, inspected regularly
-Rear liftgate lever
-Oil Jobs, Air filters, etc... all by the book

It has been on regular 3,000 to 6,000 mile combined road / off road trips. It has a slight lift on it and I am about to upgrade the tires to something a little bigger and play with the bumpers a bit. Hands down, it is the best Toyota I have ever owned. I am a self-proclaimed "Toyota Man" so I can't speak to the quality of anything else. And I say it is my favorite having owned every number series of Land Cruiser from the 40's to the 100's as well as a couple of newer Toy's like the Gen 5 4Runner and FJ... I keep coming back to the Sequoia - it is the best of them all.... especially all around. I expect another 230,000 miles out of it easily - we just drove it 3,500 miles last week and it was quiet as a church and cruised like it was new.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Trunk Transport

#97 ·
Had my 2002 stolen last month. Had over 610,000 kms on it...that's about 400,000 miles. Just replaced the front struts...seems to me I changed the oil and did the brakes a few times. That's about it. You guys have a ways to go.
They recovered it (too late, I had already released it to the insurance company), so I'm thinking of buying it back at auction and putting a couple hundred more thousand on it.
Best. Vehicle. EVER.

Get driving guys. My WIFE put the majority of that mileage on it, much of it off road.

Cheers,
dt

#99 ·
My wife's 2004 has 220,000 on it. She hit a deer and I'm rebuilding it. The parts Sequoia I got the front end off of had 400,000 miles and no problems, but the previous owner decided it was too many miles; he had bought a new truck and didn't want to have someone buy it and maybe break down because it was so high miles. He didn't even want to trade it in in case somebody bought it and had problems. There was *nothing* wrong with the truck when he drove it to the junkyard.
Well, at least it got me all the parts to fix my 2004 for a good price!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.