Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the company I work for as a mechanical contractor just finished a giant expansion project taking over 5 years to complete. Basically there were 2 primary contractors on the job, one doing building work the other building the conveners (not to mention electrical and plumbing....and my outfit [I tie up the loose ends]).

Needless to say it is not uncommon to play pranks and I am the first to admit that I pull my fair of s#%t and I have been known to laugh about it.....loudly.

So a few days ago....the LAST day the conveyor contractor would be in the state my truck wouldnt start. Understand that this is in a secured facility and I leave my truck unattended, unlocked and keys in the ignition (this is because people can move my truck if its in an area where they need to go).

I surmised my fuel pump was not working and pulled a hose off the fuel rail to verify the pump was not running. I also checked fuses and they were all OK.

I was pizzed because the pump is only 3ish weeks old and was told by my dealer it was $650 and TRD would have to reimburse me.

I had AAA tow my truck to the dealer and they called me an hour later laughing asking if there were any practical jokers around where I worked.

Turns out when I was gone my fuel pump relay changed positions and somehow mysteriously did this by itself.

Needless to say it was a real pain in the arse but didnt cost me anything other then being without my truck for a few hours and having an employee take to the dealership.

THe worst thing is knowing some mutherfooker got one over on me and I cant get them back (I have an idea of who it was).

All I can do about it now is laugh about it and admit I was had by an artist of the prank.

(did I deserve it????.....cant say I didnt)

Good times

~JH

·
Registered
754 Posts
thats horrible man...they wasted your time those hours you cant get back...if it was a couple mins thats different everyone laughs in the circle, but you were stranded. Its JELOUSLY ON THE TUNDRA...im not gonna lie to you, but there a lot of jelous big 3 owners out there I dont know why maybe because toyota got into the big pickup and now its TOYOTA vs 3 not ford vs chevy vs dodge anymore. The only guys who arent jelous of the TUNDRA I noticed are the guys with big diesals rolling around.
then again im jelous you have a supercharger and I dont....

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
Sounds to me like you had a good laugh about it and have no hard feelings. If it was all in good fun and you deserved it for pranks you pulled then it's no big deal. I doubt it "jealousy". Just sounds like a prank returned to me....

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
Nice! Sounds like the time we put my buddy's Jeep on 36s on the factory 28s (or whatever puny size comes on 'em) lol

-rockstate

·
Premium Member
901 Posts
I love the joke!!!! Now, how do i do that? I wanna do that to someone!! Tell me how to change that switch pleasssssssse!!!!

chucky

·
Registered
274 Posts
that's funny stuff. either you have pranked and have fans of your work or someone doesn't like ya. if your pulling pranks its prob someone that has been waiting for years lol.

man if that's the worst thing that a friend or co-worker does to you that great. we have put animals in friends cars, a bro got married and we filled his bmw from floor to ceiling with shredded paper and packing peanuts. dude had to delay getting honeymoon nookie for over an hour getting the stuff out of the car. the new wife was peed, he thought it was the funnest thing ever. a friend of mine put PETA stickers all over my audi, didn't notice it until two days later. a couple of friends in Pa got a hold of my jeep and removed my drivers side mastercraft seat and put it in their house lol. got him back by going to his house and turning all of his living room and dining room furniture upside down. lol took him hours to fix it all. love a good prank.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts