Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
took my 07 crewmax in to get the pedal done and mentioned to the guy, for the second time, about the rear end drop problem and the feeling like i'm being rear ended sometimes when i'm at stoplights. he said Toyota knows about it and if they get enough complaints that maybe they'll issue a recall or TSB. i know a lot of you guys have this issue too, but i have no idea who to complain to. seems like telling the local dealership wouldn't help much. any ideas?

thanks,
matt

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
prob wont do much good. its been an issue for tons of trucks, regardless of maker. we had two GM trucks that did it in the 90s...dont think my dad's 06 does it but i dont drive or ride in it often enough to pay attention. just lube the driveshaft occasionally and be done with it. kinda irritating but just a characteristic of the design.

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
It seems like a simple grease fitting on the area of the driveshaft that binds, would take care
of the problem. If we were easily able to grease it every 10k or so, that would probably stop
the complaints. My truck has only done it a couple of times, but when you are not expecting
it, the feeling is strange. Told my dealer, and was told that this is normal for the vehicle.
Seems like the standard answer when they don't have a permanent solution to a problem.
Oh well, still like the truck in spite of a couple of minor annoyances.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts