Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I seen a thread where people recommend cleaning your interior with pledge and I was wandering how many of y'all do this???

·
Registered
520 Posts
I know using Pledge is an old school show car trick. I personally think there's lots better options out there to use on both vehicle exteriors and interiors - stuff made to work with the materials in a vehicle interior and stuff that offers some sort of UV protection.

·
Premium Member
125 Posts
I use the Pledge dry cloths or the Swiffer cloths before i use 303, Those dry cloths remove all the dust then i protect with the 303.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I use the Pledge dry cloths or the Swiffer cloths before i use 303, Those dry cloths remove all the dust then i protect with the 303.
Yup... Use a swiffer, and then I really like a interior quick detailer. The problem with pledge is you'll get a waxy buildup, which just attracts more dust. Quick detailers seem to not have those issues.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Funny how old ideas are hard to kill. Pledge is big with some of the old school Goldwing riders for cleaning the windshield. Seen may a windshield ruined by that crap - turns them milky. The only thing pledge is good for is cheap furniture, I sure wouldn't use it inside a 40K dollar truck. I'm still tryin to get my brother to throw away the Armourall. Way better stuff on the market nowdays. IMO.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Pledge is designed for finished wood surfaces, I've noticed it leaves a residue on plastics.

However, there is a product called Plexus plastic cleaner that is designed for plastic and vinyl. It has a very similar base (a waxy substance) as pledge but doesn't leave a residue when wiped off. If you like Pledge, I guarantee you'll like this stuff.

I use it on all exterior plastics and all interior plastics (it even works well when used lightly on the painted dash).

Introducing Plexus Plastic Cleaner

·
Registered
105 Posts
Yes, good stuff for plastic, especially acrylics like your headlights. Very similar stuff I use on my Ducati and a plastic/paint/powder coat detailer is Bike Spirits cleaner polish, also sold as Honda brand at your Honda dealer. Works good on the smooth/semi smooth interior plastic. I would not use it or anything that must be wiped or buffed off on the rough dash though.

·
Premium Member
1,261 Posts
I must be a dinosaur... I use Armor-all or Mother's... have NEVER used Pledge!!

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
once again, armorall or any of that crap is completely unneccessary for a hard painted plastic surface. doesnt do a think for it but make it shiny and crappy. just use a dam microfiber to clean it and be done.

·
Registered
889 Posts
once again, armorall or any of that crap is completely unneccessary for a hard painted plastic surface. doesnt do a think for it but make it shiny and crappy. just use a dam microfiber to clean it and be done.
We are trying to help and keep the economy alive... and let the govt spend more $$$ with the $$$ we spent on the products! :D:D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts