Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I DO I DO!!!

post up some pics!!!

unfortun. the original owner removed the graphics but I do plan on getting a replacement set. anyone know where to get them?

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
hi,
you can only get them through your dealership. & you have to prove you have a darrell waltrip edition.

but some dealership's don't know the part # either.
they are about $400 to buy another set.

than i highly suggest you take it to a shop that does wraps.
otherwise they might ruin the graphics.

your tundra should have came with the brochore. bring it to the installation shop, why? it will show them exactly where they belong on the truck. or photo copy my tundra. it is on white, & very easy to see where to start & end, plus placement in height.
good luck, let me know if they don't know the part #'s. i might be able to help. i think my spare set (hehe!) as the part #'s.

i also think there is a dealership in texas that was giving a discount. i will try to find it for you. i might have deleted them, since i got them. it only took me 2 years to locate someone that would help me.

editing:
here you go they are $238 for the set plus you need the emblems.
www.trdparts4u.com
you are so lucky, there are members that are always looking out for other members.
now i saved you about $200+
i was glad i was able to help you.
gorilla

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hi,
you can only get them through your dealership. & you have to prove you have a darrell waltrip edition.

but some dealership's don't know the part # either.
they are about $400 to buy another set.

than i highly suggest you take it to a shop that does wraps.
otherwise they might ruin the graphics.

your tundra should have came with the brochore. bring it to the installation shop, why? it will show them exactly where they belong on the truck. or photo copy my tundra. it is on white, & very easy to see where to start & end, plus placement in height.
good luck, let me know if they don't know the part #'s. i might be able to help. i think my spare set (hehe!) as the part #'s.

i also think there is a dealership in texas that was giving a discount. i will try to find it for you. i might have deleted them, since i got them. it only took me 2 years to locate someone that would help me.

editing:
here you go they are $238 for the set plus you need the emblems.
www.trdparts4u.com
you are so lucky, there are members that are always looking out for other members.
now i saved you about $200+
i was glad i was able to help you.
gorilla

Gorilla,

my truck as already been confirmed that it is a TRUE DW Edition. This was done by service pulling the VIN# and showing the ad-on's... LSD, DRL's and DW Package. Thanks for the link

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
I thought you had removed the graphics I think the truck looks better with the graphics I would have made the dealer pay for a set sense you pay for them in the price.

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
JBK23 ,i think he bought his used. i think he said the previous owner removed them.
lots of people remove all emblems and graphics.

i personally think that the colors of the tundra,they picked for the DW edition graphics, don't do the graphics justice. that is why i think they should have put them on the white. when i seen the graphics, i thought they would POP, on white, & i think they do.
on the 2 colors toyota did chose to put them on, they kind of hide the detail.
thats why i think many people removed them.

but for the price i lead the guy to the web site, is so cheap, it isn't worth the hassel with toyota.
gorilla

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
hi honestly i think toyota dropped the ball, when it came to the color's of the tundra's they picked to put the graphics on there is only 2 colors. the problem is ,in some places the graphic due to it's colors in that area is hard to see the whole graphic due to the exterior paint.
on my truck , being white, the graphics POP. that is why i thought it would look great
(IN MY OPINION).

the cost of having the edition is mainly for the rims & graphics.
they have chrome trim around the wheel well instead of the fender flares.

but it is up to the owner,as to do whatever they want to there own truck, they bought it, they can change it. that is how i feel.
gorilla

·
Registered
525 Posts
Gorilla,

your truck is the only one i think looks good with the graphics. because it is white (isnt your like the only white one around???), the graphics looks excellent on your ride. IMO, white and black would be the only decent colors to put the graphics, possibly the 07+ color red would also look good. Toyota silver maybe? Such as madmind. But im the kind of person who would take off all graphics. I think you should add some pics into a gallery of your truck. You have too many post and you help too many people to not even have a gallery!!!!!

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
hi thankyou, i try my best to help everyone i can. even though many people SLAM me for spelling error's. i still get my info out there. many member's have messaged me thanking me for the help. i have spent hour's on the phone with a few people helping them with some project's. i was only glad to do it.
now if i knew how to post picture's i would do it. but i do not know how.
so i ask here & there when someone want's to see my truck. it's posted. there used to be a bunch of them, when the south florida meet was posted , most sleek has them all.
everyone's tundra that showed up that day. many were of my tundra, but since than i have added many new item's. i would love to post each 1, so they can see them, such as the front sway bar from hellwig, billit cap's and covers under the hood, jba headers, the unichip with the custom made emblem to hold the switch within my dash, and so on.
maybe 1 day i can get someone on my computer that know's how to do this , & post all my toy's, and picture's.
gee i hope i didn't mis-spell any word's. LOL
thanks,
gorilla

·
Registered
525 Posts
well actually im pretty good with computers, let me know if you need anything

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
hi i used to only buy 4 X 4's. but that's when i lived up north, and used to own a up-state n.y home, so i needed it.
you need 4 x 4's for the snow, mud, sand, etc. other than that you can get away without it.
i know many people say why buy a truck without 4heel drive.
well i'm in south florida, and don't have access to any beaches unless i take a trip, where it is allowed.
but i don't have much time for trip's like this.
so what i have is enough.
i'd like a all wheel drive sport's car, for better handling.
i'm looking into the IS-F , i hear they are 50g's or less.
and top speed is 170.
which is great, at least i don't have to try to disable the ecu code's.
there is more than enough speed there. but i'm not sure if they have all wheel drive.
i have no idea what to buy at this point. it is going to happen approx. 2011
by than there should be lot's to choose from, from all maker's.
but i have decided not to hit the 100g mark.
it would be a waste, when you can have just as much fun for 1/2 of that.
the only thing is i want power right out of the box.
that is why i wanted the super snake.
but i have heard there great when on the move, but horrible off the line.
my last play date was with a gen2 not to long ago, and only went to the speed limit 50mph,
but i got him, only because he had tire spin. so by the time, he hooked up, it was time to cruise.
no speeding!
i slowed down at 45, and still had him.
we pulled over and chit chatted and i showed him what i had,
he said i have been the only 1 ever to beat him, which felt nice.
gorilla

·
Registered
2006 Tundra Darrell Waltrip Edition DC 4x4 4.7L V8
1 Posts
I know this is an old thread but I just joined the Darrell Waltrip Edition family and am wondering if anyone has removed the side paneling on the doors. I know this is probably a sin to you guys haha but I want them gone.
Here’s my truck:

2.5” Old Man Emu lift
Method Trail series wheels
BFG KO2 33s
I like blue on silver, I work at Polaris.
I removed the decals, but the sun fade doesn’t want to let go of them haha

I’m also selling the original 18” wheels with tires that still have some life in them if anyone is interested.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts