Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.toyotatundraforum.com/general-tundra-discussion/7949-paint-flaked.html

I thought maybe this was just my truck but then saw this on another Tundra forum I joined tonight. LAst year during a hand wash I noticed tiny slivers of paint missing from both sides of the truck, same area, just above the mid flap near where the bed side transitions into the wheel well. It's a tiny area so you won't see it unless you look close but if it's there once you see it it's pretty obvious.

On my Gen2 the whole surface feels smooth. I cant feel any ridge or imperfection when I run my fingernail over this, indicating somehow they missed just that one tiny spot with primer and color at the factory then hit it with clear. Just finding it wierd, and wondering if anybody else has noticed. I touched it up on both sides. Since then I had to have the whole passenger side repainted due to an accident anyway so it's now nearly perfect. And the touch up on the driver's side still holds up well and is barely notcable. Unfortunately I didn't think to take pics but I'm wondering if anybody else has seen similar problem areas in their paint, speficially tiny areas near bed-to-wheel well transition where it looks like they layed down clear but didn't hit it with base or primer, or else completely missed some areas with the spray guns at the factory. Both of mine are probably a quarter or half inch long and maybe a little bit wider than the tip of a pen.

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
its been posted here before too. youre not alone.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts