Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has so cal. in on the front windshield and a K&N sticker on the back. 05 access cab. black. i want a remactch.:devil:

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the newer vvti models with exhaust and intkae mods ive raced before have usually never been a problem for me , but this guy had to have had something else, maybe unichip'd too? headers? we were neck and neck then little by little he started to creep away in the upper rpms, but he never got more than a truck length away. then he just nodded like "good job u kept up". kinda cocky. when i asked what he ad under his hood he just drove off.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Maybe he's the first one with VVT-i that kept his foot on the gas.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I think he means 3rd gear. You would have much more top end power if you left it in 3rd gear so that it doesn't upshift to 4th or 5th. He would've just had to watch the tach that way.

I think I have to agree with Marauder though, maybe this guy was the first one that gave you such a hard time because he simply stayed on the gas and the others backed off. I know you said that you've never had a problem before with 05/06's with intake and exhaust, but that sounds like a stretch. My opinion is that those 5 mods you've done(intake,exhaust,headers,unichip,valve body upgrade) pretty much cancelled out the performance gained once you mounted those 285's. I've driven both sets of years(00 to 04, and my 05) and I wasn't nearly as impressed with the pre 05 model bone stock. The 5spd is probably the biggest difference though.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah i hear that alot about the tires. i had a real hard time deciding what i wanted to do to my truck when i first got it. first i wanted to lift it, then started to get into more performance mod. i would go back to stock tires, but they cost so much, i just figured id go back once they're worn.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Well i dont think it was me, but i raced a guy a few days ago look to be an 01-03 tundra v8, green and i was in a white on, i pulled up to the stop light with a lawn mower sitting in my bad, put the truck in N and rev it up log that flow master. Light turns green good 10 sec burn out and i was going, he didnt burn out so he was gone before me passed him up without a problem. Got K&N sicker on with Superlight and CornFed Sticker on my truck hope it was you

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
lol no it wasnt sorry man, i got a grey tundy. and i didnt loose that bad, only by about a truck length he pulled me half way thorugh the race but couldnt get more than a truck a head. I HOPE. from what you guys are making it sound like he probably just got a head and stayed there. hope all my mods was worth it. at least i can still romp on chevys and fords.

·
DesertMatt760
121 Posts
lol, i kept up with a mustang the other night, and I had a passanger too for more weight!! But my tundy is white 05 DC, i got the [email protected] sticker on the back of my window but no SOCAL yet, Id like to race you some day and see how mine does against urs!! i got 285 tires too, I didnt realize they made a difference in performance, i figure they would just give me more road to grip and pull away with my HP!!

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
since were all in so cal we should meet up some weekend, as soon as i resolve this CEL ive been getting. p0770 code. im think its gonna be hard to fix with the IPT valve body mod. any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
sh**!!! i have tried a few times to get people to meet up but when it comes down to it only 5 people will show...........but i'm game to try it again

1 - 20 of 36 Posts