Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
819 Posts
I agree, I like the looks of the lights. I LOVE the look actually and would buy them for my 04 if I could.

Problem with our Gen1's is that they were designed in the early to mid 90's, way before all this new-stuff/technology was out.

Heck, people didn't even have the widespread cell phones, email or internet access back then.

·
Premium Member
11,253 Posts
There is no reason you cannot do the same. Other people have added projectors and whatnot to their OEM housings...it all comes down to how much time and money you want to put in to making a set of pretty headlights.

I like it too...it's subtle and catchy. Dunno that it would go so well on my truck...it's getting to be about as subtle as a nine pound hammer...

...search around here, people have done some worthwhile conversions to their 1st-gen headlights, and I'm sure if you send a housing to the company that did those headlights, they'd have some ideas.

-Sean

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
That looks tacky to me.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
You havent seen my lights, so how do you know they look tacky??

And what do you mean by "right projectors". You can put ANY HID / Halogen projector into our headlights...that is if you have the skillz. ;)

Halos / angel eyes / demon eyes...whatever you want to call them belong on BMWs

·
Registered
365 Posts
i had the halos/angel eyes on my civic and they looked cool for a while until one of the halos burnt out and didnt match the other side headlight. i dont get how the aftermarket LED's in headlights burn out so fast:confused:

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
LEDS and heat dont mix, heat causes premature failure. You need to use heatsinks if you want them to last inside of a headlight or use CCFLs but those suck in the cold.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You havent seen my lights, so how do you know they look tacky??

And what do you mean by "right projectors". You can put ANY HID / Halogen projector into our headlights...that is if you have the skillz. ;)

Halos / angel eyes / demon eyes...whatever you want to call them belong on BMWs

1) I was kidding, hence the ";)"

2) I'm looking at your lights...even though they're off...on the truck in your sig.

the "right projector" would refer to 'ones that would fit'.

BMW's belong in the scrap yard.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
1) I was kidding, hence the ";)"

2) I'm looking at your lights...even though they're off...on the truck in your sig.

the "right projector" would refer to 'ones that would fit'.

BMW's belong in the scrap yard.

I wasnt taking anything serious.

But again ANY projector will fit in our huge headlights. LS430 / FX / FX-R / TL / SC430 / E46 / TSX etc, take your pick. Once you have those mounted buy some CCFL rings and some LED strips and have at it!

And Ill pretend I didnt hear the BMW comment. :fish:

:D

EDIT: And if youre looking for any projectors / LEDs etc. check out hidplanets for sale section. Matt from the RS just took it over so if you need projectors you can buy from him: http://www.theretrofitsource.com/

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Even though E55s arent the best bixenon projectors out there, $500 is a fair price if you cant or dont want to do the retro yourself. Doesnt get any easier, just bolt them in and enjoy driving at nighttime. ;)

*and make or buy a relay harness just to be on the safe side*

·
Premium Member
765 Posts
not worth making one, better to buy, unless one is totally paranoid or smth. Need quite some knowledge - if one can't do retrofit doubt that could do wiring harness. Its quite labor involved + time. Considering that it takes one day to build a pair $500 is very fair price.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
not worth making one, better to buy, unless one is totally paranoid or smth. Need quite some knowledge - if one can't do retrofit doubt that could do wiring harness. Its quite labor involved + time. Considering that it takes one day to build a pair $500 is very fair price.

I know some guys who can do retros but cant make a relay harness to save their life. :rolleyes: Guess Im lucky because I can do both.

I agree for the average guy $500 is pretty fair. Plus whoever buys them can always sell their stock headlights / turn signal housing and recoupe at least $100 on eBay or here in the TS classifieds.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts