Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ever since i got my new Tundra everyone seems to have slowed down. Or is it that i'm just driving faster?

·
Registered
621 Posts
Next time you are at a light takeoff and then watch in the rear view mirror to see how quickly everyone else falls behind. Oh, don't forget to make sure there is no one in front of you. :D

·
Registered
225 Posts
Ever since i got my new Tundra everyone seems to have slowed down. Or is it that i'm just driving faster?
Just knowing it will go fast keeps me from doing it. It is also not a good thing with the gas prices being what they are, but after the break in I will probably light it up every once in a while (LIKE WHEN A DODGE OR FORD) is next to me at the light (LOL).:)

·
Registered
172 Posts
I will be going slower now since the state trooper gave me a $107 gift for going 78 in a 55 (he wrote it at 70 though). I had just went around someone that was going 50 and was taking my time slowing back down. I'am glad he didn't get me at 90, I think thats what I hit as I passed. But then again if he had seen me pass, he may have let me off. Oh well, slow I go!:)

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I will be going slower now since the state trooper gave me a $107 gift for going 78 in a 55 (he wrote it at 70 though). I had just went around someone that was going 50 and was taking my time slowing back down. I'am glad he didn't get me at 90, I think thats what I hit as I passed. But then again if he had seen me pass, he may have let me off. Oh well, slow I go!:)
Sorry to hear about your run-in with "the man." That's what worries me about this new truck - easy to speed. It's the slow speed areas that give me the most trouble. This morning i was doing 50 in a posted 30mph zone and didn't even realize until i looked down at the speedo. This thing just doesn't like to go slow.

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
Red Light Cameras - Automated Traffic Enforcement - City of Albuquerque If ya visit our City be advised of The RED LIGHT CAMERAS!! They are a cash cow that was probably not needed if Traffic Officers would have been out doing their jobs in the first place but that could be argued till the cows come home!! They have helped but some say they cause rear enders cause people will throw on their brakes to keep from chancing a ticket and BAM!! need body work!! so who wins!! Government and Insurance as usual!! They also can time your speed as well as tell if ya ran the light!!:eek: LOOSE LOOSE for speeders!!:D

·
Premium Member
1,428 Posts
Its probably the gas prices. 91 octane here is $3.50, 87 is $3.30 on branded gas. I also noticed slowing down on big SUV's, pick up trucks and mini vans. 60-65 mph with no traffic. Before, the average speed here is 75 - 80 mph on moderate traffic.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I wish fuel was so cheap. In Calgary area we now pay around $1.05 per L. 1 U.S gal equeals 3.78 L About $3.98 pr U.S gal. Welcome to the petroleum producing province. Good thing my Tundra is good on fuel.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts