Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I must say that I amazed at this website! I have been a member of various Toyota forums for many years, but never have I been involved with one such as this. It seems that whenever someone posts something negative about the "new" Tundra, they get trashed. People have many different points of view. Lighten up, some like the new Tundra, some hate it; so what this is America! Most people want info about their new Tundra's, why bash them? Some of you here are VERY rude, IMHO!

Zack

·
Registered
932 Posts
The new Tundra sucks.:D It's ugly/;) You're mean.:D

Hey, today, you cannot say what you want anymore. Someone, somewhere will be offended. Watch out, the ACLU is looking at you!:D
You nappy headed, oh, wait, I can't say that anymore:eek: :D

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Zack,

This has been bugging me for awhile. I cant figure out while people act like this on here either. But its only a select few, not the majority. What really erks me is people that start a response with "Umm" or Uh" as if to be very sarcastic to someone elses post or question. Alot of people online hide behind their keyboard and say things here that they would never say to someones face that they didnt know.

Again, I believe its only a select few that act this way so please dont let it ruin the experience of this great site and forum. There are a lot of great people here with great insight that contribute alot of good information to those who post questions.

Take care

·
Registered
213 Posts
I must say that I amazed at this website! I have been a member of various Toyota forums for many years, but never have I been involved with one such as this. It seems that whenever someone posts something negative about the "new" Tundra, they get trashed. People have many different points of view. Lighten up, some like the new Tundra, some hate it; so what this is America! Most people want info about their new Tundra's, why bash them? Some of you here are VERY rude, IMHO!

Zack
There are a "lot" of nice folks on this board, The haters need to cruise another website..:cool: :tu:

Ex. What kind of thread is this? Do we need this on this board? :eek: :)

http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forums/tundra/95111-gmc-stole-two-buyer-4/

·
Registered
145 Posts
There are a "lot" of nice folks on this board, The haters need to cruise another website..:cool: :tu:

Ex. What kind of thread is this? Do we need this on this board? :eek: :)

http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forums/tundra/95111-gmc-stole-two-buyer-4/
There are plenty of nice, helpful folks on this board. It's just unfortunate that we must weed through the crap to get to the posts that help.

One such poster, Cooper S, makes mileage claims of 24.2 in his 2007 5.7 Tundra 4x4. I'm not sure who is helped by such a claim as that, but overall it's a very good forum. :tu:

·
Premium Member
3,052 Posts
There are also alot of new people on this board b/c of the new truck. Many have been members of other forums, and I can vouch at other forums, they are wayyyyy more rude than this one.

I will admit that I get annoyed with some people. I have been here a while, and it just annoys me that with the new tundra and new forum, comes a whole new crop of jerks trying to act like they know everything.

·
Registered
98 Posts
There are plenty of nice, helpful folks on this board. It's just unfortunate that we must weed through the crap to get to the posts that help.

One such poster, Cooper S, makes mileage claims of 24.2 in his 2007 5.7 Tundra 4x4. I'm not sure who is helped by such a claim as that, but overall it's a very good forum. :tu:
You must really have a hard on for him too, if your last 10 or so posts are any indication, given you've mentioned him at least a half dozen times. I consider pointless bashes false negative negative claims on a pro Toyota website to be a bigger problem than one guy making overly optimistic mileage claims.....;)

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
I agree, everyone is entitled to their opinion. I guess I can see why some people are defensive if somebody who drives an obs tundra, dodge or gm product joins a Toyota forum and proceeds to slam the new Tundra in the new Tundra specific forum. I dont really know what they expected to happen. Imagine the backlash if I joined a GM or Ford forum and proceeded to call the Silverado or F150 a POS. I dare say it wouldnt go over well there either.

If an actual new Tundra owner posts some negative aspects of the truck they own in their own opinion, thats called truck ownership last time I checked.

·
Premium Member
668 Posts
Lots of good comments....:tu:

I'm relatively a newbie joining as a lifetime subscriber back in 2004 when I bought my DC, though my first new Toyota truck was an 87 Turbo SR5 Xcab Hi-Lux. No internet back then! :D

There are a lot of good folks here whose knowledge and presence I've learned to respect. As mentioned by many, this is a great forum & has given me a wealth of info. As for the more challenging moments, it's either ignore or use my Dale Carnige training.... meaning I don't engage. :p

I think its a growing spell, new truck, new members, like life its alittle uncomfortable right now, but it too shall pass. :tu:

·
Registered
202 Posts
It's called internet balls. I am a member of many forums and the rudeness is rampant in all of them. These people would never say the same things if they were looking the other person in the face. But at the keyboard in the security of their own home they grow some invisible balls. Most of these guys are probably hen pecks nerds that would run at the sight of a real man. You have to have some thick skin on most of these forums in order to keep your stress level down.

·
Registered
528 Posts
You must really have a hard on for him too, if your last 10 or so posts are any indication, given you've mentioned him at least a half dozen times. I consider pointless bashes false negative negative claims on a pro Toyota website to be a bigger problem than one guy making overly optimistic mileage claims.....;)
This guy is making my GF very jealous as he is more concerned with what I am doing then my own family.

I am up front and very honest and have no need or desire to post false information on here or anywhere else. Go back through all of my posts if you want and you can see that I have always a been a very friendly and contributing member to this forum unlike some other folks on here.

·
Premium Member
3,052 Posts
Well, thats what I think. But, there has been a influx of buttholes lately, and as soon as some of them find their info and leave, this forum will become alot nicer.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
enema anyone? :D

·
Super Genius
920 Posts
We need to remember that forums are public places with lots of different people, personalities, ages, education / experience levels, cultures, etc. included.

Sharing info here is a lot like going to a bar. Most of the people are average guys just looking for a few good drinks, a bit of conversation, and a little humor. Buy a round and someone else will buy the next round. Spit in someone's drink and they will probably throw you across the bar. In the end everyone has a good time and the regulars stick with it.

Of course there are still a small number of patrons which puke, fall off their stools, or carve grafitti on the bathroom wall. Do I like this behavior? Certainly not. Will I quit going to the bar because once in a while an idiot comes in? Not a chance.

Everyone needs to have a good brew and relax. This round is on me... :)

·
Premium Member
3,052 Posts
Well said!!!

·
Registered
528 Posts
We need to remember that forums are public places with lots of different people, personalities, ages, education / experience levels, cultures, etc. included.

Sharing info here is a lot like going to a bar. Most of the people are average guys just looking for a few good drinks, a bit of conversation, and a little humor. By a round and someone else will buy the next round. Spit in someone's drink and they will probably throw you across the bar. In the end everyone has a good time and the regulars stick with it.

Of course there are still a small number of patrons which puke, fall off their stools, or carve grafitti on the bathroom wall. Do I like this behavior? Certainly not. Will I quit going to the bar because once in a while an idiot comes in? Not a chance.

Everyone needs to have a good brew and relax. This round is on me... :)
+1

:tu: :tu: :tu:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts