1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
prob comparing base to base...the titan comes wtih that 5.6 standard...etc...

·
Registered
40 Posts
What's to get worked up over. Just the same as most people affiliated with car sales. Obviously knows absolutely NADA about either truck except for a few trivial, unimportant things he can recite on a test drive that won't impress any knowledgable individual who is actually familiar with the vehicles. I believe the 5.7 is a timing chain motor and he didn't even make mention of torque/hp figures for the Tundra so the 5.7 was ignored in that comparo.

Just another know-nothing car salesman.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was thinking he was comparing to a V6 tundra or the small V8.

·
Registered
147 Posts
All I heard was BLAH BLAH BLAH..."I can read these cue cards about a vehicle that I have no experience with other than what REAL mechanics tell me"....I hate that shyt so bad. It's not enough that he tries to sell the truck by telling you that "it has rear air ducts", ROLL DOWN THE F*ING WINDOW IF YOUR HOT. I have driven my 2010 DC in winter time and that baby gets boiling in there after a while I have to crack the windows. This made me laugh more than anything, I have to go change the wet stain in my pants now.....

·
Registered
681 Posts
I had an '05 Titan and really liked it. They are solid trucks IMO. I just think it's funny that the only selling point he came up with was the rear air ducts. Guess I'll have to trade my Tundra in on another Titan. Gotta have those ducts!!! LOL

·
Registered
598 Posts
Have you guys seen the new 2011 Infiniti M56. It has the 5.6 V8 putting down 420 hp and 417 lb-ft of torque. I bet they put that engine in the new Titan. I know when the Titan came out it was rated at 315 HP I think. Everyone said the engine was way under rated and was more like in the 330 to 340 range. We may have some serious competition in the HP wars coming soon if they do. I think if Toyota puts direct injection in our 5.7 we will be in that range with better gas mileage.

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
guessing the M's motor is the same as the new QX56's motor? oh and yeah, i see HP wars brewing...but dont they always? its hard to believe that not too many years ago, a big block chevy 454 motor only put out like a measly 200 hp...

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
This guy is the epitomy of a sleazy used car salesman. Almost nothing he said was true and its sad that people like this make money by misleading the public with false information.

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
I've taken a dump that I'd rather mold into a vehicle and drive than that piece of sht.

Does that thing have enough backpressure to even move?

-rockstate
I know that lamborghini did that to one of their v-12's one exhaust for each cylinder but I doubt this guy went to that kind of trouble and expense.

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
I know that lamborghini did that to one of their v-12's one exhaust for each cylinder but I doubt this guy went to that kind of trouble and expense.
That's ridiculous. Seems like it'd be almost more efficient to have a set of long tubes and get it uotta there.

Oh well.

-rockstate

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
Yeah, its completely absurd but people spend money on absurd things all the time.

·
Premium Member
352 Posts
did they tell you the titan uses brakes from a versa? the brakes are way too small,, they look silly,,

1 - 20 of 78 Posts