Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For a few weeks now, whenever I turn on my tundy, the yellowish orange "maint. req." flashes for like 10-15 seconds and then it stops. It never did this before, so what's up with that, i know it ain't the oil. (tundy has about 10,600 miles)

·
Mech. Engr. / Mechanic
824 Posts
It's telling you that it's time to change your oil! You have to reset the oil change minder after changing your oil, otherwise, it comes on about 4500 miles later to start reminding you to change it again. After 5000 miles, it stays on until you reset it. After resetting it, it'll be back in another 4500 miles. Check your owners manual.

·
Registered
971 Posts
Hmm, I wonder why mine never comes on then. I have 24,000 kms on my 05 Tundra and have been doing my own oil changes on it since I bought it and have never seen a service light yet nor have I ever reset anything.:confused:

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's telling you that it's time to change your oil! You have to reset the oil change minder after changing your oil, otherwise, it comes on about 4500 miles later to start reminding you to change it again. After 5000 miles, it stays on until you reset it. After resetting it, it'll be back in another 4500 miles. Check your owners manual.
I don't think its the oil, cause i already changed it and reset it....this started happening a few weeks after the oil change/reset.

·
Premium Member
2,395 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Please don't call it a "tundy". You'll hurt it's feelings :cry:
lol ok ok...tundra tundra...my bad tundy...oops I mean big bad tundra! lol:p

·
Registered
2,711 Posts
I just started the same thread in the engine area. Mine does the same. It comes on solid when time for oil change but right now it flashes 5 times then stays off. I tried looking in the book but could not find anything on a flashing maintenance light.

·
Premium Member
2,395 Posts
I just started the same thread in the engine area. Mine does the same. It comes on solid when time for oil change but right now it flashes 5 times then stays off. I tried looking in the book but could not find anything on a flashing maintenance light.
With the key in the run position set odometer to total mileage displayed , turn off key , press and hold the trip mileage reset and at the same time turn the key to the run position without starting engine , wait for lines on odometer to count down , release trip reset , whoala !

·
Registered
2,711 Posts
With the key in the run position set odometer to total mileage displayed , turn off key , press and hold the trip mileage reset and at the same time turn the key to the run position without starting engine , wait for lines on odometer to count down , release trip reset , whoala !
Thank you. I did know how to reset it but am wondering what it is flashing for? When it is time for an oil change doesn't it come on and stay on solid? That is what it did before so I am wondering if there is some other maintenance that is required (Besides a good washing)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts