Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i decided not to put a lift on my truck, so...i am thinking about making the outside of the rim flush with the flares. im thinking about some off road tires AR teflon wheels, not sure which ones. what kind of specs would i need to accomplish this?

tire sizes and rim sizes. i think i will go at least with 17s most likely 18 on gnarly off road tires. thanks.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have some 17x9's (4.5"BS) with 33x12.50 Mickey Thompson ATZs. I needed a 2.5" spacer in the front and the shop did a little trimming and mud flap removal, but nothing was lifted in the rear. I know some guys like a 1" lift in the back but I haven't noticed any problems yet (~7 months). You might be able to go with a narrower tire so you dont need to trim as much.

·
Premium Member
11,253 Posts
i decided not to put a lift on my truck, so...i am thinking about making the outside of the rim flush with the flares. im thinking about some off road tires AR teflon wheels, not sure which ones. what kind of specs would i need to accomplish this?

tire sizes and rim sizes. i think i will go at least with 17s most likely 18 on gnarly off road tires. thanks.
I think I'm remembering this correctly...you'll need about 4" backspacing to bring a 285mm section width even with the outside of the fender flare. Most of those marketed for offroad use come as 33s tho, not 31 which is all you'll fit at that width w/o trimming.

If you trim, any 33x11 tire should fit...if you're going offroad, stay with a smaller rim, if onroad and you really want something that looks gnarly, sipe the hell out of it so it grips better.

-Sean

·
Registered
15 Posts
Where did you have to do the trimming at? front/rear/both... I just took my mudflaps completely off

1 - 5 of 5 Posts