Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys , few of you that know me i just did a level lift but before that i was getting this odd noise on my driver side front when i go over bumps . I don't know what it could b , before i thought it was my old stock struts but now that the noise continues its bothering me . . . its a loose noise, sounds like something is missing a bushing or is just loose . . . ball joint problems??
idk . . . . just note that it has made this noice b 4 i installed the level

·
Registered
330 Posts
i know a couple people including myself where the driver side right shock bushing is shot, but u must of installed new shocks for the leveling kit right?..

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i know a couple people including myself where the driver side right shock bushing is shot, but u must of installed new shocks for the leveling kit right?..
yep all new shocks , sound like somethings loose , i have no steering vibrations or anything like that so I'm just gonna jack it up and see what i can see

·
Professional Driver
501 Posts
Just for the heck of it check your door hinges. I had a noise over bumps that sounded like a knocking in the suspension and it turned out to be loose hinges. Open the door and try to move it up and down, I had almost 1/2" of play in the door. Just something to check that is easy to do.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok so the other day i was driving and noticed that the rattle was happening when i hit bumps in the road but when i apply my brake they stop so when i got to work that morning and i turned my wheel at full lock to the left and saw that the anti rattle spring on my driver side caliper had broke and that what was causing the problem . . . very easy fit thank god , im now at ease haha
thanks for all your in put guys !!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts