Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found a bunch of sequoia climate controls on ebay for cheap and was wondering if anyone knew if they'll fit an 07 dc sr5. Also did some research and found that 3 other parts are needed to make this work a/c amp and thermistor sensor thingamajig.; would this also be the case here?

·
The M.F.I.C.
3,762 Posts
I've researched this in depth.

You'll need
A) A/C Amplifier "Auto" which retails for around $334;
B) Thermistor - $18'ish
C) Air-Hose (connects Thermistor to the evaporator case) - $5'ish

AND allegedly you'll also need some "impossible to find" venturi fitting so you can connect the hose to the evaporator case, or buy an entirely new case. According to PENER who's selling his setup for a billiion dollars ($950'ish) you can only get the fitting if you buy the entire evaporator case.

Unless anybody knows how to make a working fitting.

·
The M.F.I.C.
3,762 Posts
No, I also have the panel from an '08 Sequoia... bought it cause I wanted the OEM Seat-Heater switches to try them with my aftermarket seat-heaters (that didn't end up working :( ) I'd like to try this too, but until I get a definitive answer about that venturi fitting, I don't want to drop the $360'ish on the rest of the parts.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
have you see this thread yet........ Change Manual a/c heater to Auto digital i got alot of info from here and one guy even claimed that he made it work!

·
Premium Member
5,232 Posts
I ordered the Sequoia panel when I had my Sequoia - was switching from the SR5 to the Limited with silver buttons.

My only concern is perhaps the rear AC function will not make it compatible with the Tundra. Can someone take pictures of the rears of each unit so we can compare harness plugs?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts